How to get down payment assistance
How to get visa to Oman.
Mar 3rd, 2007 by bismut
The Sultanate of Oman – Rules of obtaining visa are vary from country to another. Countries are divided into 3 sections:
- a) Group A – Portugal, Spain, France, Switzerland, Italy, Moldova, Hungary, Austria, Germany, Norway, Netherlands, Britain, Ireland, Iceland, Latvia ,Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Estonia, Slovakia, Czech Rep. Monaco, Luxembourg, San Marino, Liechtenstein, Andorra, Macedonia, Cyprus, Malta, Croatia, Greece, Belgium, Poland, Rumania, Slovenia, Lithuania, Argentina, Bolivia,Brazil,Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Venezuela. Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, French Guiana, Australia. Brunei Dar al-Salam ,Canada. Lebanon ,Hong Kong. Indonesia, Japan ,Malaysia, New Zealand, Seychelles ,Singapore ,South Africa, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, United States, Turkey ,Tunis.
b) Group B – Egypt, Iran, India, Jordan. Albania. Morocco, Syria, Byelorussia, Bulgaria, Russian Federation, China. Bosnia – Herzegovina, Ukraine
c) Group C – Other Countries
Countries from Group A .
- Single entry visa – This visa is valid for tourists, business and short period visitors. Valid for one month and can apply for another one month extension when the visa expire. Visa fee is OMR6. This visa can be obtained prior to departure at any Omani embassy or consulate office in respective country/region. It also can be obtained upon arrival at all designated entry to the country. Passport must be valid for 6 months.
- Multiple entry visa – For those who would like to enter Oman multiple time, can apply this visa from Omani embassy and consulate office in respective country/region and it also available upon arrival. This visa is valid for one year and the maximum duration of stay per visit is 3 weeks .A fee of OMR10 is charge for all applications. Passport must be valid for one year.
- Common Visa Facility with The Emirate of Dubai – This visa is available for Group A country only and does not require separate visa to be issued if entering from the Emirate of Dubai and bearing entrance visa or stamp from The Emirate of Dubai. The entry stamp/visa from Dubai is recognized for entry to Oman. Maximum stay will follow the stamp/visa issued by the Emirate of Dubai or 3 weeks. Last October, I entered Oman from Qatar, the fee has been exempted. The Qatar immigration officer has stamped on my passport “Allow entry to Sultanate of Oman”
Countries from Group B – Only the different from the above rules will be highlighted
- Single entry visa – Issued upon arrival only for those entering with tour package bought from approved tour company. Or else must have a local sponsor who take full responsibilities during applicants stay in the country. Other rules same as group A.
- Multiple entry visa – A minimum of 3 weeks must elapse between each visits.
Countried from Group C
Express Visa – It is issued in the same day through the Directorate General of Passport & Residency and its sections in the regions for nationalities not mentioned in the list group A and B after the presentation of an application by an Oman commercial or tourist establishment or to apply directly to diplomatic mission and commercial representation offices abroad. It shall be issued on Omani working days within 24 hours unless there are justifications, which hinder the issuing of the visa. A fee of OMR7 will be charged. Visa is valid for 2 weeks and cannot be extended.
For other type of visa, please refer to the nearest Oman embassy / Consulate office.
Update to all readers : For those who are having problem with your visa to enter Oman, please refer to the nearest Oman consulate office or embassy in your respective country. I am neither a representative nor having any sort of connections with The Sultanate of Oman but I have been to Oman for quite a few times. Therefore, I can only provide a very limited information as what you can read in the article.
508 Responses to “How to get visa to Oman.”
i am permanent resident of canada having indian passport.now i
am in UAE on visitor visa with my canadian citizen husband.my visa is expires on 11th june after 90 days.my husband is staying here for another 2 months & i want to stay here with him. i need a visa for UAE for this, i have to go out of UAE on 10th of june. so i need a oman visa for 1 or 2days. i need to know about oman visa fee.
i want to travel to dubai from london what are the requirement i will need.my fiance stay there and work in a big firm i need what will cos me and how to go about it.how much is the visa fee?
Lawal Sharon – Your nationality?
on 20 Jul 2007 at 12:12 am 5 Dara Gilroy
Hi, I just wanted to know whether the Dubai visa will be sufficent to enter Oman BY LAND. I have seen on some other websites that it is not permissible to enter Oman by road unless this is explicitly stated on your Oman visa – I am an ireland passport holder. I plan to go to Dubai next week and I believe I can get a free Dubai visa on arrival at Dubai. I want to know could I then travel on by land to Oman with this Dubai visa. Many Thanks. if you can answer quickly it would help me alot !
on 20 Jul 2007 at 6:47 am 6 bismut
Thanks Dara Gilroy for dropping by.
As far as I know, the stamp on our visa will only state ” Allow entry to Sultanate of Oman” and this will waive visa fee to enter Oman. The rest of the procedure will be the same where you have to stamp entry/exit visa in your passport. So, if you travel by land from Dubai to Oman, make sure you stamp exit visa at Hatta, UAE side and after that follow the entry procedure to Oman at Al-Wajaja Terminal.
Hello, I need to travel to Oman this weekend to visit my friend just wanted to know whether the Dubai resident visa will be sufficent to enter Oman BY LAND. Further for your reference i hold an Indian passport. Many Thanks. if you can answer quickly it would help me alot as i plan to travel tomorrow!
on 06 Aug 2007 at 12:50 pm 8 bismut
I’m not sure on the requirement for Indian Nationality. You may check by calling the relevant authority. Thanks
on 08 Aug 2007 at 10:08 am 9 Chandrashekhar Wamanrao Dixit
I was employed in Oman with valid RP and there were seperate Family RP for my wife and two daughters.
Due to personal reasons I returned after cancelling my RP. This was a sudden decision .My family RP was not cancelled since they had returned earlier and my return decision was taken after their exit without their visa cancellation. What is the procedure for cancellation of family RP.
on 08 Aug 2007 at 6:43 pm 10 Anna Christy
Hi, I am Indonesian and I will travel to Oman through Dubai. I have some questions regarding visa to Oman. Can I apply Oman visa in Oman Embassy/Consulate in Dubai? What are the requirement to get the Oman visa? Is it possible for me to go to travel to Oman by land?
Looking forward to hear from you.
on 09 Aug 2007 at 1:34 am 11 bismut
Thanks for dropping by.
Based on your nationality, you would not need to apply for visa anymore because Indonesia is in the list of country which can be granted visa on arrival.
Hi. I work in Oman and I am currently in vacation in the Philippines. My Oman visa has not been cancelled yet. Now, I got an employment offer from UAE. How do I cancel my visa in Oman?
my friend from Netherlands and I from singapore plan to visit oman via dubai. we plan to spend a few days in dubai than cross overland to oman maybe for a week.Source: www.bismut.net