How to make money fast without going crazy
MAKE MONEY WITH THESE SMART TIPS
If you need extra cash and you want to make money fast put on your thinking cap. Turn your skills into cash and your junk into gold with these tips.
I have a reader question today and 28 year-old Chris wants to know how to make money fast without stress to pay off his bills aside from his full-time job.
He says he’s been following Canadian Budget Binder since the start and wants to start a debt-free life as early as possible while paying down his mortgage. It’s nice to know that we inspire the fans although that’s essentially all we are here for.
Chris has a good question today and there is no one right answer but there are ways to make money to help pay down debts. Making extra money might not produce a windfall but I can tell you with the extra money we made over the years it helped us to pay off our mortgage in 5 years. All the spare cash we made went to small projects, entertainment or paying off small debts. Money is money so if you can scoop up a few extra bucks here and there, go for it.
There is no best way to borrow money fast these days unless you do payday loans (which I don’t suggest) or asking friends and family (touch and go on that topic) so if you need to make money now then pursuing money-making ideas might be a smart way to start.
If you’ve finally decided that enough is enough and you can’t keep up with the creditors knocking on your door, phoning you up or sending you mail for money then it’s time to step up to the plate. Or if your budget just isn’t cutting it because you have more debt than you have income coming in it may be time to find a part-time job doing something very easy.
I know if you have a family, a house and a full-time job already your time is very slim which means if you want to learn how to make money then it must be easy and time sensitive.
I want to make money just like the next guy but if you are in a position that you need the cash to pay off bills there are options out there. I’m not a pro at learning how to make money but what I do know is that if you have some spare time it’s easy to walk away with spare cash you didn’t have yesterday.
If you think starting a blog is an easy way to make money on the side get that out of your head and fast. Sure you can make money from blogging but it’s not as lucrative as you think unless you put lots of effort into your blog, have lots of followers, excellent content and of course advertising helps. Having side-hustles always seem to help bloggers who write for a living increase their income levels as well.
That’s why CBB is just a hobby for me and not my full-time job as I just can’t dedicate that kind of time. This can take years for many bloggers so if fast money is what you want I wouldn’t recommend blogging for cash unless you are prepared for ups and downs.
How to make money
Now, if you want to know some of the secrets I have for learning how to make money you will be surprised that they aren’t really secrets at all. Making money is not for everyone especially if you are not someone who likes to put yourself out there in front of the public.
Below I’ve put together a few way you can learn how to make money aside from your job but remember these are ways that either I’ve tried and succeeded at or someone I know has. These recommendations are personal experiences and might not work for everyone.
The best way to learn how to make money is trial and error as long as you aren’t losing money in the process.
- Babysitting/Child Care – If you are a stay at home mom or dad or have time throughout the day or on the weekends you can easily make money by advertising services to babysit.
- Landscaping – Picking weeds is a dreadful job for many homeowner but if you love it you might just love the money that comes along with it. Just ask Katrina who runs her own side business in the summer for extra money and is always bustling with new customers each year. Mowing lawns for those people who just don’t seem to have the time is an easy 2nd income for those with a lawn mower.
- Snow removal – If you have a shovel or a snow-blower get moving in the winter and advertise your services to start pulling in some money.
- Baking/Cooking – If you have friends who love the way you cook and bake you might be happy to know that they might actually pay you to do that for them. It may be a family gathering they are going to and you make the best lasagna going and they want a tray. You may need to research the need for a business licence and you’ll need to follow the food premises regulation 562 if you intend to sell food to the general public.
- Cash Converters- These Cash Convertor stores are popping up all over Ontario and it’s a place where you can bring in your new or used items and you will be given INSTANT CASH for them. It might be much money but something is better than nothing if you need money fast. They also offer a trade-in or an in-store credit for merchandise. You can also negotiate what they are willing to give you for your item.
- Focus groups/University research – If you live in a University city ring them up as they are always looking for participants for on-going studies. You can also check the University website as well. Focus group participation is another easy way to make money by giving your opinion. If you do a search online for focus groups in your area or seek out ads
on Kijiji you’re bound to find some. We were paid $100 cash for one hour of our time and they fed us, just for our opinion.
- Garage Sales – The easiest way to learn how to make money is from a garage sale. You don’t have to learn much but you do need to follow at least some rules to make sure you don’t’ end up bringing your junk back inside at the end of a sale.
- Online Auctions – Facebook auctions are taking over Facebook these days so if you’ve got anything you want to sell now is the time to post it and sell it. You will be shocked at the amount of Facebook pages you can join in and around your local area where you can sell stuff.
- EBay- If you aren’t a fan of Facebook online auctions you can easily learn how to make money by selling your stuff on EBAY.
- Professional services- Income tax preparation, accounting, tutoring, mechanic, web design, web consultant etc. are all great ways to make extra cash. If you are a skilled professional you can easily make some fast side income. A person I know is skilled in fixing computers and he makes some serious cash on the side helping his friend’s out when their computer gives them headaches.
- Dog walking/Pet sitting – Many people own pets that simply can’t take care of them. Owning a pet is a huge responsibility and some people get in way over their heads or circumstances may change. If you have spare time advertise that you are available to pet sit for a fee or walk dogs for cash. You’ll be surprised how many phone calls you might get in your local area especially if it’s your neighbours.
- House-sitting – My parents do this from time to time now that they are retired. They wanted to know how to make extra money and a friend of theirs in the UK suggested going on house sits. They love it and although they aren’t running to the bank with bags of cash they are enjoying visiting and caring for new homes each month and making some extra cash aside from their pension and retirement income.
- House cleaner – Not everyone has the time nor the patience to clean a house especially when time is squeezed thin. If you’re someone who doesn’t mind cleaning you could put a free add on Kijiji advertising your cleaning services.
- Room rental – We rented a room in the past and although it’s not something we plan to do again it’s a great way to make extra money fast. Make sure you take all the precautions necessary when interviewing and doing your homework on a potential live-in renter.
- Apartment rental – If you already have a walk-out basement with an apartment and it’s vacant you may be missing out on some easy money. If you don’t have a finished basement and have some cash you could easily transform your dungeon into dream living quarters for someone to rent. Making back the cash from your initial investment may take time but after that’s paid it’s easy money in your pocket.
- Online business- Just remember that an online business is always risk because it’s not free so there is an investment involved most often. Plus, don’t forget that money doesn’t come fast and for some they never see a penny. If you think you’ve got what it takes and aren’t time pressured you might be on a winning streak if you have an idea that people will gravitate towards.
- Write an e-book – If you love to write you could easily put together an informative e-book and sell it online for profit. Sure there are costs involved but if you think your writing and knowledge can capture an audience then go for it. I know someone who writes children’s books and is now very successful.
- Scan wanted ads – It’s amazing how many people need help from someone from someone who may have experience such as opening a pool, backyard BBQ coordinator, child’s party decorator/assistant for the day or cleaning windows and siding on a house. Don’t forget to quickly run through the wanted job ads to see what people may be in need for because you might be that person.
- Sell plants and shrubs from your property – A week ago we were at the home of a friend who has so many plants and shrubs on her property that she doesn’t know what to do. Our suggestion was to sell them to whoever wanted them for rock bottom prices. Place an ad online and watch the summer green thumb gurus come running. Plants are costly at some greenhouses so if someone can snag a deal they will. Let them dig it up to so you don’t have the stress of extra work.
- Male/Female companion for seniors – I know that it might sound odd but there are seniors out there that wouldn’t mind to have some company once in a while. You might also want to just go for walks with them and enjoy a beautiful day. Not everyone can get out to make friends so why not bring the friendship to them.
I’m sure this list can grow larger so I’m going to rely on my audience to share their tips in the comment section of this blog post. I know that we all want to make money that will help us stay ahead of the debt game so let’s all help each other out.
What are some crazy non-stress ways you’ve made money fast?
Are You New To Canadian Budget Binder?
- Follow Me on Social Media: Twitter , Facebook , Pinterest , Stumble Upon , Reddit and Google+
- Don’t forget to Subscribe to Canadian Budget Binder by Email to get my daily email. Once you subscribe you MUST VERIFY your email account so check your spam folder and inbox for that email!
- Check out my new Free Recipe Index
- If you like FREE then click this link for my FREE Excel Budget Spreadsheet and all my Free Money Saving Lists!