How to record payroll in quickbooks
How to manually install QuickBooks 2014 updates
Article ID: HOW21294
Note: To install the latest payroll updates, you must upgrade to the lastest 2015 version of QuickBooks. As of July 1st, 2015, the 2014 version of QuickBooks no longer has up to date payroll. Click here to download the 2015 version. and click here to download the latest update for 2015 .
- Download the update and save it to a convenient location on your computer. Click the link below that applies to the edition of QuickBooks you are updating.
- Pro, Premier and Premier Accountants Edition 2014 R8
- Enterprise Solutions 2014 R8
- If QuickBooks is open, close the application.
- Locate and double-click the downloaded update file. If you have difficulty finding the file on your computer, see Find a file on a computer that is running Windows .
- When the installation is complete, restart your computer.
- Open QuickBooks, and then check the current program release.
- Press F2 to open the Product Information window.
- The first line in this window displays the QuickBooks 2014 version followed by the release number (for example, QuickBooks Pro 2014 Release R1). If the release number contains R8, then you have successfully installed the latest release.
- Click OK to close the window.
- For Payroll subscribers, you can also check your Tax Table version. Go the Employee menu. select My Payroll Service. then Tax Table Information .
If using QuickBooks in a Multi User environment, follow the above steps on the other PCs. Once each machine has the update, log into the company file as normal.
Important steps to ensure a successful installation of QuickBooks updates
If you receive a security warning when downloading or installing the QuickBooks update and you obtained the update from this site, click Run to continue the installation.
After installing the update, immediately restart that computer before using QuickBooks .
Intuit strongly recommends you not update a company data file across a network connection. Copy the company file to a local installation, open the company file and allow the update process to complete, and then close the file and copy it back to the network location.
Some QuickBooks updates will include a change to the data file structure. When opening the company file for the first time after installing a product update, you may see a progress bar as the structure change is implemented. It is important to allow this change to complete; do not end task on QuickBooks during this process.Source: support.intuit.ca