Credit portal




How to report a noise nuisance

how to report a noise complaint

If you are experiencing a problem with noise, whether it's from domestic or commercial premises, and you don't feel you are able to approach the person responsible - don't suffer in silence – contact us. There are a number of ways that you can do this.

  • Fill in our online form
  • Call the Environmental Protection and Monitoring Unit on 01752 304147 (8.30am to 5pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30am to 4.30pm Friday)
  • Call our contact centre on 01752 668000 24 hours a day (for action on the next working day)
  • Email
  • Download the Apple noise nuisance phone app
  • Write to us at Public Protection Service, Plymouth City Council, Plymouth, PL1 2AA
  • Visit us at 1st Stop .

Noise from violent or malicious incidents

If the noise relates to a public disorder in the street or a violent or malicious incident, you can contact Devon and Cornwall Police for help and advice.

Other anti-social behaviour

If your call relates to anti-social behaviour rather than noise please call 01752 307049 or email .

What information is needed?

In order for us to investigate your complaint we will need:

  • your name and address and a daytime telephone number
  • the address (or site) where the noise is coming from
  • the type of noise (such as loud music, barking dog, alarm sounding)
  • when and for how long the noise occurs
  • the way the noise affects you (such as keeps you awake)
  • anything you have done to try and deal with the problem (such as speaking to the person making the noise)


Your name and address will not be given to the person you have complained about without your permission, however your identity may be guessed. Your details have to be revealed in the event of any legal or formal action being taken.

Category: Bank

Similar articles: