Control and convenience — using your debit card
Debit cards are perfect for those who want to stay in control of their money and make quick, easy and safe transactions, without having to carry around lots of cash.
What you get
Every transaction you carry out using your Barclays debit card will be itemised on your statement. You can also keep track of your spending whenever you like by logging in to Online Banking.
What you get from a Barclays debit card:
- Contactless debit cards
- Withdraw up to £300 a day from Barclays ATMs (as long as you have sufficient funds or an arranged overdraft)
- Up to £50 cashback at certain shops
- Personalise your
debit card with an image of your choice, free of charge 3
- Use your debit card in millions of shops and cash machines worldwide – anywhere you see the Visa sign (charges apply when you use your debit card abroad) 1
- Save £1.50 per transaction by using a Barclays ATM or an ATM at a Global Alliance member bank (you'll still be charged a 2.99% Non-Sterling Transaction Fee) 1
- Overseas ATMs will display instructions in English when you insert your card
- Our fraud detection systems are constantly verifying transactions to ensure your security when you use your debit card abroad. This means you can have peace of mind that your card is protected from unauthorised use.