What is a baloon payment
Namib Sky Adventure Safaris (Sesriem/Sossusvlei )
African Adventure Balloons (Swakopmund )
Hot Air Ballooning Namibia (Brandberg )
Hot air balloon safaris and tours, parasailing
Hot air balloon safaris and tours in Namibia: in Sesriem/Sossusvlei area, Swakopmund (Atlantic Coast) and Damaraland. Hot air balloons is our specialty.
1. Namib Desert (Sossusvlei flights): Namib Sky Safaris. Unforgettable and most beautiful experience in the Namib Desert. One of the most special tours conducted in the Namib desert. Safaris are conducted every day before sunrise from Sesriem .
The flights are weather permitted.
The duration of the flight is approximately one hour.
A spectacular launching and take off as the sun rises over the world's oldest desert. Your destination will be the wind-swept red sand dunes of the Namib. Soar with the winds over the ocean of sand and mountains, endless sea of shadow and light.
One of the reasons that flights are conducted in the mornings is that a balloon is very sensitive to wind and heat. In Namibia, the only time it is possible to fly balloon is one hour after sunrise in summer, 2.5 hours after sunrise in winter. It is impossible in windy conditions or on very hot mornings (more than 30°c). (The difference between the outside temperature and inside the balloon envelope being approx. 70°c). A pilot cannot steer a balloon, it goes with the wind at the same speed. He can just control the altitude, and according to the wind channels found, the direction preferred is chosen.
Transport back to your accommodation is included in the price.
Passengers staying in other establishments have to
be at departure point on time to join the tour.
2. Flights from the area around Swakopmund: African Adventure Balloons. Passengers are picked up from hotels/pensions in Swakopmund. Generally flights are conducted in the vicinity of the Rossing Mountain with a magnificent view of Spitzkoppe Mountain, Moon Landscape and the Naukluft Range in the south. Champagne breakfast is served after the flight.
3. Flights from Mowani Camp (Damaraland): Francolino Fly-Ins .
4. ''Flying Fox''. DISCONTINUED TILL FURTHER NOTICE. This is the cable slide installed on the top of Rossing Mountain which is the world's longest (1100 m) and highest (200 m) cable slide. The program include 4x4 trail up to the top of the mountain with a spectacular views of the surrounding plains.
All safety precautions are in place and this activity is much safer than bungee jumping or quad biking.
5. Parasailing. DISCONTINUED TILL FURTHER NOTICE. This activity is conducted in vicinity of Swakopmund close to the dunes.
5. African Balloon Safaris at Brandberg .
Meeting point is at the tourism info centre in Uis on the day of departure 30 minutes before sunrise. On the evening prior to the ballooning at 6pm the pilot will be available
for any questions or discussions on the trip at the same venue. A group must consist of 3-5 persons (minimum is 3 persons) Booking in advance is essential.
The take-off of the balloon is weather permitting. Minimum age is 12 years.
Payment is not processed until the date of the flight due to the reason that it can be cancelled in case of bad weather
Rat es: on requestSource: namibweb.com