What is a revenue budget
Answer: You'll find information on general age rules below, but since specific fees and permissible vehicle types may vary by location, it's best to find the underage requirement in the U.S. city where you are renting prior to picking up your rental car.
Underage Requirements at Corporate-operated Locations:
At most U.S. corporate-operated locations. you must be at least 21 years of age to rent, but the following provisions apply for customers between the ages of 21-24:
- Renters 21-24 must present a valid, acceptable credit card (debit cards are not permitted) and a valid driver's license (subject to screening of your driving record), both in the renter's name.
- At time of rental, an additional $27-per-day underage surcharge for these renters will be applied. Because we don’t verify your age when you make a reservation, this fee is in addition to your quoted online rate.
- Drivers between the ages of 21-24 will not be permitted to rent luxury cars, mini vans, 12-passenger vans, specialty vehicles, full-size SUVs or premium SUVs.
- If a renter wishes to add an additional driver to the rental policy, the second driver must be 25 or older and present their valid driver’s license and credit card or, at some locations, a debit card is acceptable. Select locations that do not accept a debit card will be indicated in the terms and conditions on your online reservation confirmation or on the location information page .
- If you plan to pre-pay your rental and are under 25 years of age, underage charges will be added at the counter and will need to be paid at car return. Your prepayment amount will be used as a credit toward the final costs of the rental.
In Michigan at corporate-operated locations. the minimum rental age is 18 with a valid, acceptable credit card and driver's license, and an additional $41-per-day underage surcharge for drivers 18-20; $28-per-day for drivers 21-24 years old will be applied.
In New York State at corporate-operated locations. the minimum rental age is 18 with a valid, acceptable credit card and driver's license, and an additional $52-per-day underage surcharge for drivers 18-20; $35-per-day for drivers 21-24 years old will be applied. Drivers under the age 25 will not be permitted to rent luxury cars, mini vans, 12-passenger vans, specialty vehicles, full-size SUVs or
Minimum Age Exceptions:
Licensee-owned and non-U.S. Location Rentals
U.S. Budget licensee-owned location age rules vary, however most allow a minimum age of 18-24 for a small surcharge. Rules at locations outside of the U.S also may vary. It’s always best to check the terms and conditions on your online reservation confirmation or on the location information page to see which rules apply for your selected location. Then, if you still have questions, please contact us .
Insurance Replacement Renters
At corporate-operated locations. a customer involved in an Insurance Replacement from one of the following companies may rent at the minimum age of 18: Allstate, American Family, Bristol-Myers Squibb, CCRG Claims, Progressive, State Farm, Travelers.
Corporate Account Renters
At corporate-operated locations. drivers and additional drivers who are employees of the same company, on company business, and renting with their employer's BCD corporate rates, must be at least 21 years of age, or may be 18 years of age if employed with the U.S. Government on travel orders.
Select corporate customers and insurance/service replacement rental customers may be exempt from the underage fee. Check with your account representative to see if your company account is eligible.
Government Renters Including Those in the U.S. Military
Budget Rent A Car is proud to deliver unsurpassed rental car service to those who serve our country. At corporate-operated locations ,
- for U.S. Government (military & civilian) personnel WITH a government travel order or purchase order, minimum rental age is 18 years of age. No underage surcharge applies.
- for U.S. Government (military & civilian) personnel WITHOUT a government travel order or purchase order, minimum rental age is 21 years of age, except 18 years of age in Michigan and New York State. No underage surcharge applies. “U.S. Government personnel” includes military as well as civilian employees (for example, FEMA, U.S. Postal Dept. Navy, Army, etc.). The minimum age policy applies to official Government rentals only.
- for leisure rentals (vacation, leave, etc.) U.S. Government (military & civilian) personnel, an additional daily surcharge may apply for renters under 25 years old. See reservation terms and conditions for underage fees that apply at your rental location. Special rates are available for U.S. Government personnel when the renter presents proof of U.S. Government affiliation at the time of rental.