Credit portal




Flood Elevation Certificate

what is elevation certificate

Copies of FEMA elevation certificates on all buildings in the unincorporated area constructed in the floodplain since 1992 are available for review at Development Review Services, call (727) 464-3888.

If you live in one of the Pinellas County municipalities , please contact your city directly for flood map information.

Elevation Certificates must be prepared and certified by a Licensed Land Surveyor, Registered Professional Engineer, or Registered Architect who is authorized by state or local law to certify elevation information. Community officials who are authorized by local law or ordinance to provide floodplain management information may also sign the certificate.

The Elevation Certificate is one way for a community to comply with the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) requirement that the community obtain the elevation of the lowest floor (including basement) of all new and substantially improved structures and maintain a record of such information. The Elevation Certificate also is required to properly rate structures constructed after publication of the Flood Insurance Rate Map

(FIRM) for flood insurance premiums.

If an Elevation Certificate has been prepared for your property, you may be able to obtain it from the property developer or from community officials. Communities often require preparation of Elevation Certificates for properties as part of the permitting process. You can contact your local floodplain officials or the planning and zoning office to see if an Elevation Certificate already exists for your property.

FEMA Forms: Form descriptions below.

  • Elevation Certificate

The Elevation Certificate is an important administrative tool of the NFIP. It is to be used to provide the elevation information necessary to ensure compliance with community floodplain management ordinances, to determine the proper insurance premium rate, and to support a

The flood proofing of non-residential buildings may be permitted as an alternative

to elevating to or above the Base Flood Elevation; however, a flood proofing design certification is required.

  • MT-EZ Form Application Form for Single Residential Lot or Structure Amendments to National Flood Insurance Program Maps

    This form should be used to request that FEMA remove a single structure or a legally recorded parcel of land or portions thereof, described by metes and bounds certified by a Registered Professional Engineer or Licensed Land Surveyor, from a designated Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA), an area that would be inundated by the flood having a 1-percent-annual-chance of being equaled or exceeded in any given year (base flood), via Letter of Map Amendment (LOMA).

  • MT-1 Form Application Forms for Conditional and Final Letters of Map Amendment and Letters of Map Revision Based on Fill

    (For all LOMA, CLOMA, LOMR-F, and CLOMR-F Requests)

    This form should be used to assist requesters (community officials, individual property owners, and others) in gathering the information that FEMA needs to determine whether property (i.e. structure(s), parcel(s) of land) is likely to be flooded during the flood event that has a 1-percent chance of being equaled or exceeded in any given year (base, or 100-year, flood). Lands that are at risk of being inundated by the base flood are called Special Flood Hazard Areas, or SFHAs.

  • MT-2 Form Application Forms for Conditional Letters of Map Revision and Letters of Map Revision (For all LOMR, CLOMR, and PMR Requests) This form should be used for revisions to effective FIS reports, FIRMs, or FBFMs by individual and community requesters.
  • Standard Flood Hazard Determination Form FEMA Form 81-93, Standard Flood Hazard Determination Form (SFHDF), which expired on October 31, 2008 has been replaced by FEMA Form 81-93, Standard Flood Hazard Determination Form (SFHDF) with a December 31, 2011 expiration date.
  • Source:
    Category: Bank

    Similar articles: