We offer a broad range of high quality histological and immunohistochemical services on a fee-for-service basis to investigators from Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin Research Institute and other institutions.
Our full-service Histology Core, operated in conjunction with the Pediatric Pathology Division of the Department of Pathology, offers internal and external users the following services:
- Frozen and fixed tissue embedding
- Cryostat and microtome sectioning
- Routine H&E staining
- Specialized histological staining
- Immunohistochemical and immunofluorescent staining.
- Optimization of immunostaining protocols using investigator-provided antibodies
- Training in histological and immunohistochemical techniques
- An ASCP-certified histotechnician and an American Board of Pathology-certified pathologist provide quality control.
Core hours. 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
When making initial arrangements with the Histology Core, please call to set up
an appointment with the lab technical coordinator as key card access is required for entry into the facility. If you wish to do immunohistochemistry on your tissue, it is best to not bring samples on Thursdays to avoid prolonged fixation times or other complicating factors. If you have questions, please contact the lab technical coordinator, Christine Duris, BS, HTL.
For additional information regarding the core's policies or to discuss experimental design relevant to use of the core's resources, contact the core director, Paula North, MD, PhD. Investigators already affiliated with Children’s Research Institute can find more information about the Histology Core’s services, fees and policies, along with work request forms, on the Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin intranet.
CRI/TBRC Histology Core Facility
Children's Research Institute, 4th floor
8701 Watertown Plank Rd.Source: www.chw.org