What is pre authorized debit
Electronic Payment Program from American Express
The Electronic Payments Program provides American Express Cardmembers with options to make payments directly on your Card account. Whether it is the convenience of making a direct payment online, on the phone or the automation of a Pre-Authorized Payment Plan, American Express gives you the flexibility to select an option which best suits your needs. Regardless of which tool you leverage, the first step will be to enrol your Canadian Bank Account information with us. Once successfully completed you can select from any of the three payment remittance options and feel confident your payments will be made on time every time.1. Payment Centre on our website.
- Cardmembers can make an immediate one time payment to their Card Account or schedule a payment for up to 25 days in the future. For Corporate Cards, up to 28 days after the date of issuance of the
last billing statement.
- Payments can be credited to your Card account same day 1
- Call the number on the back of your Card to make an immediate payment or schedule a payment for up to 25 days in the future and up to 28 days after the date of issuance of the last billing statement for American Express Corporate Cards. Payments can be made at any time after your initial registration is completed.
- Your bill by having payments taken automatically from your Canadian dollar bank account
- The minimum payment or full payment of your American Express account billing statement
- The full payment of your American Express Charge Card billing statement
- Please note that this service is not available for American Express Corporate Cards 2