Credit portal




Resources for Child Care Providers

Child care provider with child.

What Providers Should Know About Child Care Assistance for Families

Federal and state governments can help families pay for child care. The families you serve may be eligible for this assistance, and you may receive this funding for services you provide. Read more about becoming a participating provider .

Lo que deben saber los proveedores sobre el programa de ayuda de cuidado infantil para las familias

El gobierno federal y el gobierno estatal pueden ayudar a las familias a pagar el cuidado de sus niños. Es possible que las familias a las cuales usted ofrece servicios reunan los requisitos para recibir esta ayuda, y usted pueda recibir esta ayuda financiera por los servicios que proporciona. Leer más sobre como convertirse en un proveedor participante .

Funding to Help Start or Improve a Child Care Program

Your state lead child care agency responsible for subsidizing child care programs can tell you if funds are available to help you start a new child care program or expand your existing one, and how to apply. Locate the lead agency in your state .

There are many local Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR&R) agencies that provide information about child care in local communities and about financial assistance and funding opportunities. CCR&Rs can also help you learn more about provider support organizations, training, marketing, business practices and more. You can find out about local CCR&Rs by contacting Child Care Aware (CCA), online or toll free at: 1-800-424-2246.

How can my Church, Synagogue or Mosque Become a Child Care Provider as Part of the Federal Voucher/Subsidy System?

The first step is to read our informational brochure - What Congregations Need to Know About Federal Funding

for Child Care (also available in PDF format). This brochure explains the federal voucher system, offers tips on how to become a participating provider, and shares information about helpful resources available to you. The next step is to contact the Child Care and Development Fund agency in your state.

Receive Funding to Serve Children from Low-Income Families

Your state lead child care agency responsible for subsidizing child care programs can help you through the process of serving low-income families who use child care vouchers. Locate the lead child care agency in your state or territory.

Faith-based organizations that provide child care services, including those that engage in religious activities, are allowed to receive child care vouchers. A child care voucher is not considered a grant or contract to a provider but assistance to the parent.

Receive Funding to Serve Nutritious Meals in your Child Care Program

Your state's office of the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) can help subsidize meals and snacks for eligible children enrolled in child care programs.

Collaborating with your Local Head Start Program

Head Start provides child care services, often in collaboration with child care centers and in-home child care. For information on collaborating with your local Head Start program, contact the Early Childhood Learning & Knowledge Center or call toll-free: 1-866-763-6481.

Most states have minimum licensing requirements for child care providers. These requirements typically vary for different types of providers. Contact your state's licensing agency to find out about the requirements in your state. Locate the licensing agency in your state or find additional information at the National Resource Center on Health and Safety in Child Care .

Category: Bank

Similar articles: