How to Dispute Your Workers Compensation Audit
On this page we'll show you how and when to dispute your workers compensation audit.
Here are a few items you need to know about the audit dispute process. Keep in mind these are only provided to you as a guide. The exact process may differ depending on your insurance carrier or workers compensation providers specific audit dispute requirements.
How can you tell if you need to file a workers compensation audit dispute. Here's a few things to look for;
What you need to do to file a work comp audit dispute with your workers compensation provider;
- How to file a formal workers compensation audit dispute;
- You must provide to your insurance carrier a WRITTEN detailed explanation of why you believe your bill is incorrect.
- You must provide to your insurance carrier a WRITTEN detailed estimate of what the correct premium should be.
- You will be asked to pay any undisputed portions of the premium you owe by the due date on the original audit bill.
The formal workers compensation audit dispute request must be submitted to the insurance carrier in writing along with all paperwork supporting your belief. If this process is not followed the insurance carrier may continue all collection procedures against you which may include turning your account over to a collection agency. Do they really do that? You bet they do!
Here's a few things to keep in mind if you feel your audit is incorrect;
- Do not wait until the last minute to respond to the audit.
- The worse thing you can do is procrastinate. Don't wait until your account has been turned over to a collection agency! It just makes negotiating with your insurance carrier impossible.
- Be proactive at correcting your audit.
- Remember, mistakes occur in a high percentage of audits. Insurance carriers know that. Be proactive at correcting those errors!
- Follow the rules established by your insurance carrier for filing a workers compensation audit dispute.
- Taking short cuts will not work if you are trying to correct a work comp audit. Mistakes made in following the work comp audit dispute procedure will only delay the correction and in some instances cause your account to be turned over to collection. Not a very friendly outcome.
If you are having trouble filing a workers compensation audit dispute, have filed a dispute and it's not going in a favorable direction or would like assistance with your work comp audit dispute, you should contact Workers Compensation Consultants at email@example.com for assistance. We should be your FIRST RESOURCE for help with a workers compensation audit dispute.
Make no mistake; we do not sell insurance and we will not replace your current insurance agent, insurance broker, or insurance company. Our services will only enhance your efforts to control your workers compensation cost.
That's where we come in. We represent you and your business!
WORKERS COMPENSATION CONSULTANT
how to file for workers compensationSource: workcompconsultant.com