Credit portal





Www which co uk mortgages

Home Get Quote Mortgages Remortgages Glossary Mortgages in Scotland Mortgages, remortgages, and house-buying in Scotland work differently from in the rest of the UK. Therefore, if you are looking to arrange a mortgage or a remortgage in Scotland it makes sense to talk to an expert in arranging Scottish mortgages. The Scotland Mortgages website provides information on the Scotland property system, along with details of all the different types of mortgages and remortgages available. If you want a quote for a new mortgage or want to see if you could save money by remortgaging, we can put you in touch with a mortgage broker who can help you find a mortgage or remortgage from a range of mortgage lenders.

Read More

Couples with Children must contact HMRC – or their tax credits might stop

28 March 2012 | by LITRG From 6 April 2012, HMRC will stop working tax credit for most couples with children who do not work at least 24 hours a week between them. This includes some who will still be entitled from 6 April because they are covered by one of the exceptions to this rule. HMRC have failed to tell these claimants that they must contact them by 6 April if one of those exceptions applies to them. Below, I have reproduced a very informative article from the Low Incomes Tax Reform Group (LITRG) website. Under current rules, a couple with children qualify for WTC if one person works at least 16 hours a week.

Read More

Tax credits: are you eligible?

Tax credits can ease the financial burden of divorce and help you get a mortgage for one says Neasa MacErlean. If your income has been reduced as a result of your divorce, or you are now struggling to cover costs as a “single” parent post-split, tax credits are definitely something worth investigating. Even if your household has a gross income of more than £50,000 a year, you could be eligible for some money. “You could say that the tax system supports divorce through Tax Credits,” says family mediator Mairead McKeever of Harmony Mediation.

Read More

Working when pregnant

If you are pregnant at work your employer must protect your health and safety and you may have the right to paid time off for antenatal care. You are also protected against unfair treatment. Find out what protections you are entitled to. The basics of working while pregnant Pregnant employees have four key rights: paid time off for antenatal care maternity leave maternity pay benefits protection against unfair treatment or dismissal Employers also have certain obligations to ensure the health and safety of pregnant employees. Telling your employer that you're pregnant You must tell your employer that you are pregnant at least 15 weeks before the beginning of the week when your baby is due.

Read More

Benefits you're entitled to: working families

Any of us at any time may find ourselves in need of extra help, so in a period of upheaval in the welfare system, it pays to know what we could be entitled to. Sarah Coles outlines the options for working families. There's one thing we all know about benefits: they're about to be cut to the bone. In future, only the most needy will be entitled to government assistance, and even they may well receive less support than before. These changes are on the near horizon - but at the moment, many generous benefits still remain in place. Yet a huge chunk of this cash goes unclaimed: the most recent estimates at the beginning of this year put the amount at £16.

Read More

How To Claim Tax Credits

Do you want to claim tax credits? If so, you will have to complete a claim form.   Our guide looks at when and how you can make a tax credits claim and what information you will need. How to claim tax credits In order to claim tax credits you have to fill in a claim form.  You cannot fill in a tax credits claim form online and so you should contact the Tax Credit Helpline on 0845 300 3900 to request a claim pack. What information you will need to claim tax credits In order to claim tax credits you will need information including: Your National Insurance number (can be found on your [payslips, P60 or PAYE Coding Notice) Your income for the last tax year, whether you were employed or self employed Details of any childcare payments you make Details of any benefits you receive (Jobseeker’s or Carer’s Allowance) Remember that if you live with someone as a couple you must make a joint tax credits claim.

Read More

Immigration control and tax credits

Related Post If you’re subject to ‘immigration control’ you won’t normally be able to get tax credits. But special rules mean you can sometimes still claim them. For example, if you’ve been getting money from abroad to support your stay in the UK and it stops, or you come from a country that has an agreement with the European Community (EC), like Turkey or Morocco. What is ‘immigration control’? You are subject to ‘immigration control’ ifanyof the following apply: the Home Office gives you permission to stay in the UK (known as leave to enter or remain), but this permission is given to you on the grounds that you dont claim benefits, tax credits or housing help paid by the UK government (known as no recourse to public funds) you need permission to stay in the UK – again known as leave to enter or remain – but you don’t have it you have been refused permission to stay in the UK, but you have appealed against that decision, and your appeal hasn’t been decided yet you have been given permission to stay in the UK, but on the condition that someone else, like a friend or relative, pays for your upkeep and provides you with somewhere to live How do you know if you’re subject to immigration control? When you arrived in the UK your passport may have been stamped.

Read More

Working tax credits how much do you get

Qualifying children are sons, daughters, stepchildren, grandchildren and adopted children as long as they lived with you for more than six months during the tax year. Brothers, sisters, stepbrothers and stepsisters - and the children of any of these relatives - qualify if they were with you for more than six months during the tax year. Foster children who are placed with you by an authorized government or private placement agency also qualify. The children must be under age 19, or under age 24 if they are full-time students. Totally and permanently disabled children of any age are also qualifying children.

Read More

Working tax credits how much can i earn

Concept Tax credits come in two separate forms: one based on whether you work and one based on whether you have children. You may be eligible for one, both or neither payment. Tax credits come as a direct payment rather than, as the name might suggest, a reduction in your tax liabilities. The money you receive as tax credits is tax-free. Note that Child Tax Credit isn't connected with or affected by Child Benefit. Eligibility As a very simple and general principle, you are eligible for Working Tax Credits if you work at least 30 hours a week in a job expected to last at least four weeks.

Read More

Working tax credit who qualifies

The rules can be complicated, and, with new due diligence requirements in place, practitioners must get it right. February 13, 2014 by Nicholas Fiore, J. D. Some taxpayers with lower-paying jobs may be eligible for an earned income tax credit (EITC), based on their income levels. The EITC is a refundable credit; if the credit amount exceeds the taxpayer’s tax liability, the taxpayer may receive a refund for the excess. The number of returns claiming the EITC has grown in recent years: The IRS reports that 27 million taxpayers received $63 billion in EITC in 2012.

Read More

← Prev  Next →

1   2   3   4   ...   1187   1188   1189   1190