How leasing works
As a provider of labour, The OI Group & Native Leasing Services are obligated to obtain workers compensation for every one of our employees. We also support placement organizations in the development of workplace safety policies and procedures and work with supervisors in the development of back-to-work plans and claims. We have listed the responsibilities of all parties and the processes required in the event of a work-related injury:
Leased Employee’s Responsibilities:
- Report accident immediately to Supervisor and OI. Receive Function Ability Form from OI and bring to a Health Professional for completion. Cooperate in the “return to work” process. Contact their on-site Supervisor and OI as soon as possible after the injury and maintain communication. Assist OI and the placement organization in identifying suitable employment. Give the Worker’s Compensation Board (WCB) information that is required.
OI Group & Native Leasing Services Responsibilities:
- Contact the employee within 24 hours after the incident and maintain contact (OI sends necessary forms to worker, etc.). OI will work with employee to prepare the forms required by WCB. Attempt to identify and arrange suitable employment (early and safe return to work). Give the Worker’s Compensation Board (WCB) information as requested.
- Monitor activities,
progress and cooperation of the workplace parties. Suggest available return to work resources. Provide help in resolving difficulties and disputes. Determine entitlement to Loss of Earnings and Benefits.
Placement Organization’s Responsibilities:
- To maintain a safe workplace environment. To Contact OI immediately of ALL work related accidents/injuries including those with no time lost.
In the event of a work-related accident/incident:
- Ensure leased employee receives immediate and appropriate medical care. To inform OI as soon as possible after the injury and maintain communication.
NOTE: Worker’s Compensation Board will impose fines should the incident not be reported within the required timeframe. Therefore, time is of the utmost importance to avoid unnecessary costs to you.
- To work with OI to plan a back to work plan (early and safe return to work). WCB charges premiums based on usage. Therefore, it is important to ensure that the workplace is healthy and safe to limit the amount of claims. To well document incident and first aid treatment/advice provided to the leased employee. Investigate hazards to prevent re-injury. Inspect the job site, get detailed statements from anyone who might have, or should have knowledge of the accident.