Undergraduate Degree Requirements
Empire State College offers the following undergraduate degree programs
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N.)
- Bachelor of Professional Studies (B.P.S.)
- Associate in Arts (A.A.)
- Associate in Science (A.S.)
Requirements for an Empire State College Degree
As noted in the chart below:
- To earn an associate degree, you must complete 64 credits, with at least 24 earned at Empire State College. A bachelor's degree requires completion of 124 credits, with at least 31 earned at Empire State College.
- Each degree program has a specific number of required liberal studies credits. The number of liberal studies credits you include in your degree program
determines the degree designation (B.A. = 94, B.S. = 62, B.P.S. = 32, BSN = 62, A.A. = 48 and A.S. = 32).
To satisfy the State University of New York general education requirement, all undergraduate degree programs must have at least 30 credits over seven general education knowledge and skill areas. Students are required to meet the areas of Mathematics and Basic Communication. See the general education policy for details.