How much can i borrow for a mortgage
Amend your existing online application
If you’ve recently applied for your first direct mortgage online and wish to make any amendments to your application, you’re able to change the following online:
- loan amount
- mortgage term
- mortgage type (i.e. change from offset to repayment only)
- interest rate (e.g. change from fixed, tracker or standard variable)
In order to make amendments, you’ll need to:
1. Use our ‘Find a mortgage for you’ tool to find the mortgage you would now wish to change to – remembering to select ‘Amending an existing application’ in the ‘I am..’ field.
2. Once you’ve selected the mortgage, you’ll then need to click on ‘Full details’. followed by ‘How to Apply’ .
3. Then simply follow the on-screen instructions.
Please Note: You'll need to complete a new mortgage application if you want to make any other amendments to your online mortgage application or if your application was submitted over five months ago. If you do not wish to amend your interest rate, but cannot find the interest rate you originally applied for, please call us on 03 456 100 103 .
first direct Offset Mortgages are interest only mortgages. The monthly payments shown on the next screen will cover only the interest charged on your mortgage.
You must demonstrate that you have a suitable repayment strategy in place. You may choose to use an endowment policy or another investment or savings plan.Source: mortgages.firstdirect.com