How much is a credit card machine
How To Setup A Credit Card Machine Free
Get a Free Merchant Statement Review Now
How much would you be willing to pay to setup a credit card machine? Some people pay $299, $200, $100 to set up a credit card terminal, when it can be done for free. Now, to setup a merchant account involves about 15 minutes of filling out some paperwork, but to activate a credit card machine takes about 5 minutes of your time.
If you can press some buttons, you can set up your own machine without paying anyone. However, there are many Representatives who will do it for you at no cost. I don't, for example, because it's pretty simple to do. In fact, I usually refer most people to the customer help desk and they will walk you through the steps, which takes about 3 to 5 minutes.
Here's what is required to turn on a credit card machine.
1. The merchant account has to be established. This is where you provide your business information, sign a basic agreement.
2. The credit card processing company creates an account number or Merchant ID Number. Then the programmers create your merchant file or software unique to your account.
3. Next, with your credit card machine, program it with your account information, tell it where to dial into and it then dials connects and downloads the file, via a toll free number. To get this done simply call the
merchant account help desk and tell them, "Hi, I have a (terminal name and model) and I need help programming my machine. Can you help me?"
4. The helpdesk will explain what buttons to push and the machine will call into the merchant service company and download the file it needs using the telephone line. After it downloads, the credit card machine installs the file on it's own, turns on the different parts, i.e. printer and magnetic card reader and screen.
5. Finally, your credit card processing equipment is ready to be used. All this can be accomplished within about 20 minutes usually.
I like to tell my clients that this is very much like using a cell phone. There's a piece of equipment and all you have to do is activate it. It's not rocket science. All you need to do is know how to push a few buttons and the machine does the rest.
Contact me to setup a free merchant account and I'll provide you with the download guide for any machine you have. Or you can simply call our help desk and they will tell you what buttons to push. Soon after that, you'll be accepting credit cards.
Ralph Prado is a Credit Card Processing Expert with over 20 years of business experience. His expertise is in merchant account services for small business and credit card processing equipment. Visit his website today to save money at http://www.creditmachines.com or dial 1-888-604-3443Source: creditmachines.com