How I’m Healing My Cavities Without Dentistry
Six months ago I walked into a routine cleaning at the dentist and walked out with a hefty quote for dental work to be done on SIX cavities they found in my teeth. At first I was embarrassed. Shocked. I eat a very clean, whole foods diet. How could I have cavities? I don’t even eat white sugar. I brush and floss every, single day. How can this be true?
I told my dentist that I don’t even eat sugar or complex carbs and asked him if there is a way I can heal my cavities without having thousands of dollars of work done. I told him I had heard of “remineralizing” and curing tooth decay with diet and asked him what he thought. Of course, like many conventional dentists, he had never heard of it. So, I stopped asking questions, grabbed my quote, scheduled an appointment to have all six cavities filled, and went home discouraged.
When I got home I started reading and researching natural ways to heal your teeth. I read the book, Cure Tooth Decay: Remineralize Cavities & Repair Your Teeth Naturally With Good Food and my mind was blown. I can heal my cavities without having thousands of dollars of dental work done? I can heal my cavities with proper diet? I can remineralize my teeth? I’m in! However, to fully understand how to heal your cavities, we must take a look at what is the root cause of tooth decay.
Root of Tooth Decay = Lack of Nutrition
A prominent dentist, Dr. Weston A. Price, and author of Nutrition and Physical Degeneration . set out in 1915 to discover the cure for tooth decay. He studied groups of people from different parts of the world. His field studies took place in many indigenous areas (where modern toothbrushes and floss are nonexistent) and the discoveries he found in these countries are astounding. His conclusion:
“All groups having a liberal supply of minerals particularly phosphorus, and a liberal supply of fat-soluble activators, had 100 per cent immunity to dental caries.”
Dr. Price determined that tooth decay was a result of a lack of nutrients in the modern diet and modern diet does not even meet the MINIMUM standards for proper nutrient intake (1).
The Two Major Suspects of Tooth Decay:
1. Lack of Adequate Fat-Soluble Vitamins in the Diet – Fat-soluble vitamins: A, D, E, and K are found in fat and let’s face it, with the low-fat lifestyles that most of us believe in, we are deprived in these vitamins. Dr. Price discovered that all the indigenous groups he studied had the highest immunity to tooth decay. Why? Because they, liberally, ate foods that are high in fat. Their diets consisted of organs and meat from land animals, fish, and shellfish…all containing generous amounts of fat-soluble vitamins.
2. Lack of Activator X in the Diet – Dr. Price discovered that Activator X. a hormone similar to vitamin D, is the missing nutrient in modern diets. Activator X is found in the grassfed dairy of animals that are grazing on rapidly growing green grass (grass grown from May through September). Butter that has a deep yellow or orange color, has more Activator X in it is produced from grassfed milk that is from cows that are grazing on rapidly growing grass.
Other Notable Suspects:
- Lack of Proper Minerals in the Diet – Calcium and Phosporus are vital in tooth remineralization and their levels in the blood need to be balanced (2).
- Hormones are Out of Balance – When our endocrine glands are out of balance, we are more susceptible to tooth decay. Common influencers of hormone issues are prescription drugs, birth control pills, and other toxic/or stress factors.
- Too Much Phytic Acid from Grains in the Diet – Prior to the cultivation of grains, corn, and rice, human fossil records show that tooth decay was virtually unheard of (1). Phytic acid is significantly shown in grains, nuts, corn, rice, beans, legumes and seeds.
The Missing Link in Our Diet:
The absence of fat-soluble vitamins is THE PRIMARY cause of tooth decay . You need Activator X and liberal amounts of vitamin A and D to properly reverse tooth decay. The simplest and most effective way to add fat-soluble vitamins to your diet is by adding in fermented cod liver oil and high vitamin butter oil (1).
Fermented Cod Liver Oil (FCLO) – Fermented cod liver oil is oil that is pressed from the fresh liver of cod, which is rich in vitamins D and A. Most cod liver oils on the market produce their oil by distilling it rather than fermenting it. Fermented cod liver oil comes from cod liver that is never heated and is carefully filtered to keep their vitamins in tact. Fermented cod liver oil tops the food chain with the highest levels of Vitamin D AND Vitamin A. Following closely behind for Vitamin A is liver; and for Vitamin D is high vitamin butter oil.
High Vitamin Butter Oil – High vitamin butter oil is an oil that is extracted from the deep yellow butter fat from grassfed cows by centrifuging it into a concentrated oil. It is extremely potent it its levels of Activator X and Vitamin K2. Foods that are also high in Activator X are the innards of crab and lobster, skate liver oil, bone marrow, and animal glands. Yea…those foods aren’t on my menu, so I choose to supplement with high vitamin butter oil. Butter is one of the top 10 foods with the highest amounts of K2. There are no solid sources that know the ratio of butter to high vitamin butter oil when it comes to figuring out the K2 content, but most believe that it’s a 1:8 -1:10 ratio. This would make high vitamin butter oil top the list with Natto, goose liver paste, and hard cheeses like Gouda (3).
Since that day at the dentist when I was told I had 6 cavities, I have been diligent in pursuing the complete healing of my cavities. I cancelled my appointment to have my teeth all drilled and filled, and I began my journey into curing tooth decay with proper nutrition. And my journey has been successful!
Why Did I Have Cavities?
- My diet was missing the fat-soluble vitamins found in fermented cod liver oil and high vitamin butter oil. I have since started taking this powerful duo, as well as the rest of my family for added nutrition.
- I had been dairy-free for over a year and did not focus on my intake of calcium and phosphorus. Since discovering my tooth decay, I have since added back raw milk from grassfed cows and goats into my diet.
- I, most likely, had been consuming high amounts of phytic acid in nuts and seeds. Since learning of my cavities, I have minimized my intake of nuts and seeds, and have become diligent about properly soaking them to help neutralize phytic acid. I follow a Paleo diet, so I knew that other high phytate foods like grains, corn, and rice was not the issue.
What Have I Been Doing to Heal My Tooth Decay?
- I take fermented cod liver oil daily . I take 1 teaspoon a day. We like the cinnamon tingle fermented cod liver oil in liquid form and the kids prefer their’s with a dash of raw honey.
- I take high vitamin butter oil daily. I take 1 teaspoon a day.
Where to get the best fermented cod liver oil and high vitamin butter oil:
Radiant Life carries the most trusted brands of fermented cod liver oil and high vitamin butter oil on the market. They are a One Stop Shop for products and resources for optimal oral health and more. They, also, carry skate liver oil, grassfed beef gelatin, and the coconut oil I use in my remineralization protocol. Cure Tooth Decay was the book that changed my life and showed me I could take healing my cavities into my own hands!
If your budget is limited, you can buy a blend of fermented cod liver oil and high vitamin butter oil!
- Fermented Cod Liver Oil: CLICK HERE to buy.
- High Vitamin Butter Oil: CLICK HERE to buy.
- Fermented Cod Liver Oil & High Vitamin Butter Oil Blend: CLICK HERE to buy.
I have had many emails, messages and comments asking if this is actually working. I understand the need for proof. Today, I had my 6 month check up and there are NO CAVITIES to be found in my mouth! Not only that, my gum health has drastically improved, they found virtually no plague, and I walked out of the dentist reminded that food, truly, is thy medicine.
- (1) Nagel, Ramiel. Cure Tooth Decay
- (2) Page, M. Abrams, L. Your Body is the Your Best Doctor.
- (3) http://www.westonaprice.org/fat-soluble-activators/x-factor-is-vitamin-k2#interactions
Did you find this article helpful? +1 it for me on Google+! Thanks!Source: thepaleomama.com