can anyone help me improve my credit score
You are entitled to one free credit report every year from the credit bureaus.
visit this site
Check the report thoroughly. Incase of any incorrect information do dispute the same. Pay your bills on time. Keep your report clean. This will help in increasing your score slowly but steadily.
It is difficult to qualify for home equity loan with a bad credit score, as lenders consider your credit history before giving the loan. Your credit score should be somewhere between 650 and above to qualify for a home equity loan. Here are 6 simple tips you can follow to gradually raise your credit score:
1) Pull out your credit
report and mark the items that are adversely affecting your credit score.
2) Look for any possible errors on the report. Dispute each of them separately with the credit bureaus and remove them.
3) Pay down any old debts that have passed to collections.
4) Keep your credit card utilization rate as low as possible.
5) You can also open a savings account, and start saving on a monthly basis
6) Try to make the maximum repayment for all your previous loans.
Apart from the above tips, you can also prepare a monthly budget. Try to not spend on anything which is not included on your budget. Budgeting can help you save money, which you can use to pay off your debts.
Looking forward to a debt-free life.Source: www.creditmagic.org