Credit portal




How To Apply?

how to claim invalidity benefit

Complete the application for Invalidity Benefit Form N.I. 38 and return it to the NIBTT Service Centre most convenient to you. There, one of our customer service representatives will accept your claim for processing.

Requirements when filling the N.I. 38 Form

To complete the form you must: -

  • Complete Section A of the Form NI38 .
  • Take the form to your medical practitioner who must complete Section B.
  • Take the completed form together with supporting documents to the Service Centre .

Supporting Documentation

  • Your Birth certificate if not previously submitted.
  • Any supporting affidavit or Deed Poll (to support your given or acquired name).
  • Marriage Certificate is required for a married woman whose name has changed since her registration with the National Insurance System.
  • A Decree Absolute from a divorced woman where necessary.
  • Foreign medicals will only be accepted where the duration, start date of illness and ailment are clearly stated and the attending doctor signs, dates and stamps the form. Such medicals must be accompanied by a letter of authentication from a Trinidad and Tobago High Commission or Embassy in the country in which the treatment was received. The responsibility for authenticating the status of the attending doctor rests with

    the insured.

Alternative Evidence of Date of Birth

Where you are unable to submit your Birth Certificate, the NIBTT may in special circumstances accept, as alternative evidence of age, documents for which the presentation of a Birth Certificate maybe a requirement for issue. These will include: -

  • A valid passport.
  • A valid driver’s permit.
  • A valid Electoral Identification Card.
  • Naturalisation records.
  • Baptismal certificate (registered within 1 year of birth).
  • Religious records.
  • School Records.
  • Armed Forces discharge record.
  • Self-sworn affidavit (as a last resort).

Alternative Evidence of Employment

Where contributions may be outstanding on your behalf, you may be asked to supply alternative evidence of employment such as:

  • TD4 slips.
  • Pay slips.
  • Record of service for computing employment-related Retiring Benefits (daily and monthly paid public servants).
  • Pension and Leave Records.
  • Record of service for computing severance benefit.
  • Letter from employer providing detailed information.
  • Assessment Notice from the Board of Inland Revenue.

When To Apply?

You must apply for the benefit within13 weeks ( 3 months) of the first day of being certified as being an invalid by your doctor.

Invalidity Benefits Part 2

Category: Credit

Similar articles: