Credit portal




Ways to Earn Credit

Hire Documentation

Earning College Credit and Staying Enrolled as a Full-Time Student

It is possible to earn college credit and stay enrolled as a full-time student in many cases, but not always. Many schools have existing procedures in place for students to earn credit while participating in our program, but some do not. Check with either your support recruiter or the main faculty/staff contact at your school to find out if there are established credit agreements in place.

How to research other credit options at your school if your school does not have a formal credit process in place:

Speak to your program advisor. Students usually earn college credit in one of three ways:

  1. All of the eight Disney Courses we offer have been recommended for three credits each by the American Council on Education (ACE). This recommendation gives your school the ability to accept these courses for course equivalents at your school; however, please note that not all schools accept our courses in this manner. Also, the Disney College Program is recommended for three to nine credits by the American Council on Education (ACE).
  2. Many departments within a college or university have internship courses that allow you to earn credit for internship experiences. Although they often require you to be a junior or senior, our program may meet the requirements for your major's internship course.
  3. Many schools offer online coursework, independent study or distance-learning options. You can utilize the computer labs in the student apartment complexes or the Disney Learning.

If you are unable to maintain full-time status as a student through your own school, but you need full-time status to stay covered by your parents' health Insurance, there are schools that are willing to give any Disney College Program participants 12 credits while participating in our program, including Central Michigan University, Tulane University, Onondaga Community College, and Montclair State University.

In some cases, the credits you earn from the other school may transfer into your own school. Check with your school's registrar to learn about transfer equivalents.

If you have any questions about the Educational component of your internship, please e-mail us or call us between the hours of 7:30 AM and 6:00 PM EST at (407) 827-1244.

Part of your credit agreement with your school may be that you must attain signatures from us throughout your Program and/or receive a signature from us upon your Program completion. You must still receive prior approval of these forms, and we will inform you of who to contact to complete the forms during your Program.

If your school has these documents and signatures from Disney representatives are required on any of these documents, we will need to receive the documents no later than three weeks prior to your arrival.

Please send the paperwork via e-mail to Be sure to include the following information: your name, telephone number and e-mail address. After you have sent your paperwork, we will contact you with approval of the form within two weeks.

Category: Credit

Similar articles: