Credit portal




How to fix delinquent credit

how to fix delinquent credit says:

Thank you for your inquiry. Here is our response to your questions:

"How do I go about repairing my delinquent credit?"

"Should I call the credit bureaus or go to a credit debt office?"

The fact that you state that you have "delinquent" credit indicates that you feel there is information on your credit report that is negative and it is accurate information. Information on your credit report that is correct cannot be removed. Normally it will remain for seven years, depending on the type of negative information.

However, if you believe that your credit report (s) contain information that is incorrect, you may contact the credit agency that provided you with the credit report that you believe contains inaccurate information and file an online dispute, or send them a letter of dispute. They will then investigate the item with the creditor who filed the information. The information must be verified within approximately 30 days or it must be removed from your report. You will find step-by-step information on how to check your credit report and correct potential inaccuracies at the following link:

Regarding going to a "credit debt office", there are credit repair agencies who charge a fee for their services, sometimes substantial fees, but they cannot do anything that you can't do yourself, if you follow the guidelines from the link above. Finally, the best news of all is that you can improve

your credit by

1)Paying your bills on time.

2)Paying down your debts so that you don't have a high debt-to-credit ratio.

Try to pay more than the minimums on cards.

3)Keeping your number of requests for credit to a minimum

There are a number of other steps you can take to improve your credit and you would be surprised how quickly your credit can improve by following a few guidelines. The link below contains more information to assist you in this area.

Finally, we believe it is important for every consumer to monitor credit on a daily basis. You can get your free credit report, free credit score, and enroll in a credit monitoring service free for 30 days at the following


Keep in mind if you do not cancel the credit monitoring service before the end of the 30 day trial period you will be billed $12. for each month that you remain on the program.

You can also get a free credit report each year from each of the three credit bureaus through the following link: This free report does not include a free score


We feel that one of the best things you can do for your financial future is to take charge of your own credit.

We wish you the best,

The CLC Help Center

Tue Jan 9, 2007 03:09:18 PM

Category: Credit

Similar articles: