Step-by-Step Guide to Register an iTunes Account without a Credit Card to Download Free iPhone Apps
One of the things that had really surprised me was that, the App Store wouldn’t allow me to download free iPhone apps without registering my credit card details. It seemed strange that even for downloading free iPhone apps; I was asked to submit my credit card details.
Well, Apple has moved along from there, and it now allows users to create an iTunes account without submitting credit card info.
The method is very simple, and I have listed down all the steps required after the break.
1. Open iTunes. If you do not have iTunes available then you can download iTunes from here .
Note: Please logout of your iTunes account if you already have one.
2. Go to the Right Hand section of iTunes Store and Click on any free iPhone app. I clicked on the free app called LOLriffic Stuff.
3. Clicking on the app will open up a description page, and then click on the ‘GET APP’ button.
4. You will be greeted with the iTunes welcome message. Click ‘Continue’
5. Then you will see the iTunes Store Terms and Conditions page, click on the ‘,I have read and agree to the iTunes Terms and Conditions’ check box.
6. Now, enter the information required. Enter a valid e-mail address. Once you
have entered the info, click ‘Continue’.
7. This is where you will see that you can select ‘None’ as an option under ‘Payment Method’. This option wasn’t available earlier.
8. Check the ‘None’ radio button and enter the personal information and then click ‘Continue’
9. You will receive a message informing you that a confirmation e-mail has been sent to the email address provided by you.
10. Now, check your email account, and you should have received the confirmation email from iTunes Store. Note: do check your spam folder, in case; you do not receive the email on 5-10 minutes.
The email will ask you to click on a link in order to activate your newly created iTunes Store account.
11. On clicking the link, you will be prompted to enter your account details in the login window. Please enter your email address and password.
12. You should be logged in straightway and can start downloading all the iPhone applications that are available for free without having to enter any credit card detail.
Let me know if this helped in the comments section below, or if you are looking for something else that I can help you with.
Like this post? Share it!Source: www.iphonehacks.com