Credit portal




Where Should I Send Credit Report Disputes?

how to send credit

By LaToya Irby. Credit/Debt Management Expert

Welcome to's Credit/Debt Management site, led by your guide, LaToya Irby. LaToya has been the credit and debt management guide since 2007. Read more

You have two options for disputing credit report information. You can dispute with the credit bureau, which is the company responsible for compiling your credit report. Or, you can dispute directly with the creditor or business who listed the information on your credit report.

Disputing With a Credit Bureau

P.O. Box 9701

Consumer Solutions

P.O. Box 2000

Chester, PA 19022-2000

When you send credit report disputes, you should also send copies of proof you have to support your claim. Send your dispute via certified mail, so you're able to track your letter. The credit bureau has between 30 to 45 days to respond to your dispute letting you know the result.

Disputing With an Information Provider

When you dispute with information provider. the process is much the same as disputing with the credit bureau.

Write a letter that indicates the error you found and explain why that information is inaccurate. Again, if you have proof that supports your claim, send copies of it.

You can find an address for the business by looking at a recent billing statement. Make sure you look for the address that's meant for correspondence; it may be different from the address where you send payments. If you can't find an address, or you no longer have billing statements, call the company and ask for the correct address to send correspondence.

Continue Reading Below

The information provider is required to do an investigation, just like the credit bureaus, and have your credit report updated if the information is indeed an error.

Category: Credit

Similar articles: