Welcome! You’ve probably landed here because you followed the instructions on a form, pamphlet, or disclosure given to you by your bank or another company.
Below, you’ll find links to some of our tools and resources for consumers and other information about some of the financial products and services we regulate, including credit reporting and mortgages. You’ll also find links to resources that provide guidance to assist industry in complying with our regulations.
Credit reporting/identity theft
For the financial services industry
- Regulations. Information about CFPB regulations, including proposed and final rules
- Guidance. From time to time, we post letters and other materials providing guidance to industry and members of the public.
- Regulatory implementation. We’ve got resources to help you understand the rules and their implications, as well as links to various other helpful resources.
- Supervision and Examination Manual
Fair Credit Report Acting (FCRA)
Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA)
Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA)
NOTE: HMDA information is provided by the Federal Reserve Board via the FFIEC under agreements with all the financial regulators.
Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA)
- The Shopping for Your Home Loan: Settlement Cost Booklet (also known as the Special Information Booklet), is updated as of January 10, 2014. A version is available in DOC format and you can order printed copies from the U.S. Government Printing Office.
- Your Home Loan Toolkit is designed to replace the Settlement Cost Booklet when the TILA-RESPA Integrated Disclosures go into effect.
- Download the toolkit, designed for web posting and interactivity (English | Spanish )
- Download the print-ready PDF (Large | Small | Spanish )
- Pre-order printed copies (Large | Small ) from the U.S. Government Printing Office.
- Download instructions and required disclaimer (English | Spanish ) if you’d like to add your organization’s logo