Credit portal




Tax credits when pregnant

tax credits when pregnant

Week by week


Pregnancy ticker

Nursery rooms

Questions & Answers



Questions and answers

Compare this section with Yahoo Answers and Google Answers. Questions are all related to becoming pregnant, pregnancy, birth and babies.

Added: 1590 days ago.

Section: General.

Status: This question is Closed . (Questions will be closed after 10 days.)

I had my daughter on the 7th Feb 2011, an filled out all the forms for tax credits an what not. I then received a payment from the 7th to april. so my question is, do i need to fill in a new claim form for the last tax yr? or can i just phone/send in the relevent paper work an it be sorted or will they just carry on paying the certain amount. Nothing has yet gone into my bank apart from the one off payment. Thanks in advanced

MummytoLois - 1589 days ago Thanks ladies for your answers, I found all my paperwork And got my answers :)

leagia - 1589 days

ago Rating: 0 (0 votes) haha, oh, yea sorry for just assuming u live in th US :)

mommyinmd - 1589 days ago Rating: 0 (0 votes) Although now I just saw you are in England, so disregard my comment since I have no idea how tax laws in England are. Good luck finding your answer.

mommyinmd - 1589 days ago Rating: 0 (0 votes) If a change has to be made to a prior tax year, it has to be done by filing an amended return. However, as Tanya said, you can't claim your dependant until you file your 2011 tax return in 2012.

leagia - 1590 days ago Rating: 0 (0 votes) agreed with tanya.

emma32uk - 1590 days ago Rating: 0 (0 votes) give them a ring and ask, just to be sure as it has just started a new financial year

tanya1984 - 1590 days ago Rating: 0 (0 votes) you file taxes in 2011 for the year of 2010, so if your child was born after dec 31, 2010, you can't claim her as a dependant for 2010 and wouldn't get a child tax credit until you file in 2012.

Category: Credit

Similar articles: