Credit portal




Apply now

how do i apply for working tax credit

Before you apply, you need to have chosen when and how you want to get paid.

Do you need to apply?

You don't need to apply again if you've:

  • applied for Working for Families Tax Credits after 31 March 2000, or
  • received family tax credit payments from Work and Income.

You still need to tell us about any changes in your family or income. You can do this by:

  • updating your details using the My family details and income service through your myIR Secure Online Services account
  • emailing us using secure mail through your myIR account
  • calling us on 0800 227 773:
    • Monday to Friday between 8am and 8pm,
    • Saturday between 9am and 1pm.

How you can apply

There are several ways you can do this, you can apply:

  • online through your myIR account, where the form will pre-populate with your

    personal details, you then add the required information

  • online using the Working for Families Tax Credits registration form . which you can submit online but you'll need to print a copy for your records
  • by downloading a Working for Families Tax Credits registration form (FS1) . which you can fill in, print and post to us, or
  • by ordering a form from 0800 257 773, which you can then complete and post to us.
  • meet the residence requirements for Working for Families Tax Credits but:
    • you weren't born in New Zealand, or
    • you don't have New Zealand citizenship
  • and/or your spouse or partner are self-employed
  • have a child in your care who doesn't have an IRD number
  • have more than six children
  • share the care of a child
  • would like to claim Working for Families Tax Credits for the previous year and your details are different from the current year.

Category: Credit

Similar articles: