Before you apply, you need to have chosen when and how you want to get paid.
Do you need to apply?
You don't need to apply again if you've:
- applied for Working for Families Tax Credits after 31 March 2000, or
- received family tax credit payments from Work and Income.
You still need to tell us about any changes in your family or income. You can do this by:
- updating your details using the My family details and income service through your myIR Secure Online Services account
- emailing us using secure mail through your myIR account
- calling us on 0800 227 773:
- Monday to Friday between 8am and 8pm,
- Saturday between 9am and 1pm.
How you can apply
There are several ways you can do this, you can apply:
- online through your myIR account, where the form will pre-populate with your
personal details, you then add the required information
- online using the Working for Families Tax Credits registration form . which you can submit online but you'll need to print a copy for your records
- by downloading a Working for Families Tax Credits registration form (FS1) . which you can fill in, print and post to us, or
- by ordering a form from 0800 257 773, which you can then complete and post to us.
- meet the residence requirements for Working for Families Tax Credits but:
- you weren't born in New Zealand, or
- you don't have New Zealand citizenship
- and/or your spouse or partner are self-employed
- have a child in your care who doesn't have an IRD number
- have more than six children
- share the care of a child
- would like to claim Working for Families Tax Credits for the previous year and your details are different from the current year.