How do i cancel equifax credit watch
Equifax is a credit monitoring company that offers both commercial and personal services. They consumer and commercial data along with analytics and proprietary technology, to produce insights about credit reporting and credit monitoring. Equifax is also a company that is used for identity theft solutions and features a 30-day trial membership based on these services.
Like most free trials, you don’t read the small print on the terms and conditions, and you are locked into a service that you were not ready to fully invest in. Or maybe you’re in the situation where you’ve knowingly subscribed to the services of Equifax because you were worried about the current state of your credit during times of economic uncertainty. But, thankfully, your financial situation has gotten better over time and you no longer need this monthly service.
Whatever the reason you signed on for a reoccuring Equifax account, there are mulitple sources that point to negative customer experiences. Consumer Affairs reports over 90 percent of customers having one-star experiences - that’s nearly 540 complaints! Moreover, it’s clear that Equifax holds no stock in customer service, as proven by this $250,000 settlement Equifax was forced to pay to the Federal Trade Commission!
Is today the day that you want to cancel your Equifax service? Here is what you will need to do so - plus a step-by-step process to cancel.
- Personal information (name, phone number, email, Social Security Number)
- Account information (full account number and type of membership)
- Access to a computer and phone
- Financial information
Steps to Cancel:
- Gather the list of information so you’re prepped for speaking with Equifax on the phone.
- Call the Equifax Customer Care team in order to cancel your product at (866) 243-8181. Follow the prompts on the phone to speak to a representative.
- Give the represntative your account information and reason for calling. State that you’re interested in canceling your Equifax account.
- Follow the directions given by the representative.
- Inquire about your final bill. Ask the representative how much you should expect to see on your last Equifax bill. (Know that your membership will be canceled at the end of your current billing cycle. Customers who have signed up for a free trial, if you are still in the free trial period you may cancel immediately.)
- Jot down the representative’s name and a confirmation code for your cancellation.
- You do not need to cancel one-time reports because your product is active for a period of 30 days after purchase.
If you’ve had a negative experience with Equifax, you should know that CancelWizard can cancel your Equifax membership for you.Source: cancelwizard.com