Credit portal




How do i lease a vehicle

how do i lease a vehicle

Do I need a building permit for any or all of the following installations: fence, swimming pool, siding, deck or repair/replace a roof ?

Yes, a building permit is required to replace all of the above projects, not to repair.

How do I get a permit?

A permit can be obtained from the Code Enforcement Office on the second floor of City Hall or online at The Office is open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday - Friday.

An owner or his contractor can apply for the permit. Depending on the type of work planned, you may need a survey of the property and plans or drawings that show details of construction. You can call ahead to check. Fees for a building permit must be paid at the

time of the application. Permit applicants can expect to have the approved permit within 5-10 business days after submitting an application.

Permit applications must be checked against the various codes the City enforces - building, housing, plumbing, zoning, preservation, etc. Specially trained staff in the Cohoes Building Department will help you with this process. In most cases fees are based upon the cost of the project; in some cases the fees are pre-set. You can call ahead to check.

When a permit application is approved, a permit card is issued and must be displayed on the job until the work is finished. A set of approved construction plans should remain on the job site during the period of construction.

Please refer to the Building Permits web page for additional information.

Category: Credit

Similar articles: