Credit portal




How do you apply for extended unemployment benefits

how do you apply for extended unemployment benefits


Career Opportunities

San Francisco in 10 Best Cities for Raising Kids

San Francisco has made Healthline's list of 10 best cities to raise a family in. thanks in part to having "one of the best big-city school systems in the country."

Schools and Offices Closed Monday, Sept. 7

All SFUSD schools and offices will be closed on Monday, Sept. 7 in observance of Labor Day.

Timeline for Release of the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP)

SFUSD has not yet received individual student reports from the Spring 2015 CAASPP tests. The California Department of Education (CDE) is expected to send individual student reports to school districts throughout the month of September. District and school site level summary reports should be available on September 9. Parents can expect to receive reports for their children in the mail no later than early October.

New Effort Underway to Improve Lives of Children & Families in SF

The new Our Children, Our Families Council, co-led by Superintendent Carranza and Mayor Lee, will officially launch with its first meeting on Thursday, Sept. 10 at 4 p.m. in City Hall, Room 201. Check out the Council's website at to learn more about this new effort to transform the way our school district and city work with children and families.

Black Family Cradle to College and Career Resource Fair

Join My Brother's and Sister's Keeper SF for SFUSD's second annual Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) College Fair with admissions and scholarships awarded on site, as well as a free family resource fair for all ages and parent and teen workshops throughout the day. We will be serving a southern buffet brunch for the first 300 registered guests, and there is limited free shuttle bus to Mission High School provided throughout the city. For questions and to RSVP, please call 415-516-5247 or email .

Board of Education Meeting Moved to Sept. 29

Due to the observance of Yom Kippur, the regular meeting of the Board of Education, originally scheduled for Tuesday, September 22 at 6:00 p.m. has been changed to Tuesday, September 29 at 6:00 p.m. The meeting will be held in the Irving G. Breyer Board Meeting Room on the first floor of 555 Franklin Street.

Class of 2015 Students Who Received a Certificate of Completion

The San Francisco Board of Education has removed the California High School Exit Exam (CAHSEE) requirement for the graduating class of 2015. We are now issuing diplomas to all students who received a Certificate of Completion in May 2015 solely due to not passing one or both sections of the CAHSEE. If you are a 2015 SFUSD graduate who may now qualify for a diploma, please contact SFUSD at .

Apply Online for Free or Reduced-Price Meals

Applications for free or reduced-price meals for the 2015-16 school year are now open! Apply online or in person at schools and the Student Nutrition Services office at 841 Ellis Street. We encourage all families to apply —even if you do not need or want free or reduced-price meals, each completed application provides Student Nutrition Services with more funding to improve school food for all students.

SFUSD’s Budget for 2015-16

With the state’s economy recovering, this year we are starting to see funding levels from the state begin to return to a level that covers the costs of running a school district. We are also receiving some one-time bumps in funding that we are putting to use. Read answers to some frequently asked questions about the budget.

Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP) Task Force

SFUSD's LCAP task force includes students, parents, educators, and community organizations. This spring, the task force hosted a series of community forums and focus groups to provide feedback and help shape our revised LCAP.

School Accountability Report Cards (SARCs)

School accountability report cards (SARCs) for every district school can be downloaded from individual school profile pages. See a list of all our schools. If you should need a written copy of a SARC, you can obtain one from your school principal or contact the Research, Planning and Accountability Department at (415) 241-6454.

School Meal Menus

School Information

Find school phone numbers, maps, school websites, SchoolLoop links, SARC info, and more by choosing a school below:

English Language Learners

Special Education

Special education is instruction specifically designed to address the educational and related developmental needs of children with disabilities.

All children develop at different rates and in different ways. Read more if you think your child may have a disability .

Section 504 Rehabilitation Act Program

Section 504 enables a student with a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activity to receive accommodations and/or related services to ensure equal access to education. Find out more about our Rehabilitation Act Program.

Free Translation & Interpretation Services

The Translation and Interpretation Unit (TIU) has revised its Chinese/English/Spanish glossary of educational terms specific to SFUSD. It is a living document and it will be updated on a regular basis. Read the latest version of the glossary .

You can download our translated documents in multiple languages, including Spanish, Chinese, Vietnamese, and Arabic. We also provide translation and interpretation services :

Photo of colored pencils by latteda (CC-BY-2.0 )

Facilities Use Permit Fees and Online Fee Calculator

All permit applications are online —we are not accepting the old PDF forms, so be sure to set up your user account and apply for permits at

All permit application forms must be printed out. signed by the principal or director of the site you plan to use, and turned in to the Real Estate Office.

Visit Using and Renting SFUSD Facilities to download permit applications, read our FAQ, and learn about renting SFUSD facilities.

Guide to Parent- and Community-Funded Programs for Schools

These guides offer a general overview of procedures for depositing funds raised by parent and community groups into school trust accounts and an FAQ on navigating SFUSD policies, including how to tell if you need a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) or a facilities use permit.

MOUs for Community-Based Organizations and Agencies

All organizations or agencies that provide services to students in any public school, even free of charge to SFUSD, need to have a Board-approved formal agreement with SFUSD called a “Memorandum of Understanding ,” or MOU .

Category: Credit

Similar articles: