How to check warranty status of iPhone, iPad (Mini), iPod Touch
Apple has always been known for providing its customers with excellent customer service and warranty processing. I can personally attest to this as I have received great customer care over and over whenever I have had an issue with any Apple product. I have never needed an original receipt or the original box. And, Apple has always honored the standard 1 year warranty on any used iPhones or iPads I have purchased on Craigslist. This is one of the things I love about owning Apple products.
Here are the quick and easy steps for how to check the warranty status (how much time till your warranty expires) of your iPhone, iPad (Mini), and iPod Touch.
2. Copy the serial number on your iPhone, iPad (Mini), or iPod Touch by tapping and holding for 2 seconds on the serial number itself. Release and tap the Copy button that appears.
3. Open up Safari and follow this link: https://selfsolve.apple.com
4. Paste the Serial Number in the box and tap Continue. This results in all of the Service and Support Coverage details for that iDevice. It includes the model of the device, valid purchase date, telephone technical support availability, and repairs and service coverage availability. The Repairs and Service coverage is a standard 1 year warranty that comes with every Apple device – even refurbished Apple devices.
site you can also quickly set up a visit to your local Apple store for a repair on your iPhone, iPad (Mini), or iPod Touch. Be sure to always make an appointment if your device is in need of repair because there are only limited walk-in appointments available.
Here is a checklist of things to do before you take your device in for repair:
- Perform a Hard Reset on the device to see if that solves the issue (check out this article on How to do a Hard Reset on iPhone, iPad (Mini), and iPod Touch ).
- Backup and then Restore your device if the first step didn’t solve the problem.
- If the above steps didn’t solve the problem, make an appointment at your local Apple Store to take your iDevice in.
- Be sure to Backup the device to your computer or iCloud before you go to your appointment as Apple will sometimes swap out your device on the spot and the backup ensures you can restore your new device that your receive.
- No need to bring in original chargers, headphones, or box (unless one of these is part of the problem).
That’s it. If you have any specific issues with your device, feel free to leave a comment with the issue and I can help you troubleshoot it.Source: teachmeios.com