How do I cancel a transaction?
You can cancel a transaction in any of the following instances:
- You have sent money to a wrong email address or wrong phone number that is not connected to a Dwolla account You have sent money to an account that has not been completely verified and the transaction is listed as pending You have initiated a transfer FROM your bank account TO your Dwolla account that has not yet been exported from the bank (transactions are exported around 2:00PM Central each business day)
- Log in to your Dwolla account and locate the transaction in the Payment Activity page under the “Pending” section. Click on the "Pending" transaction that you
would like to cancel.
- Click the “Cancel This Transfer” link at the bottom of the details page.
4. The transaction will now show as cancelled on the Payment Activity page.
5. An email will be sent to confirm the cancellation of the transaction.There are a few instances where we cannot cancel a transaction:
- A transaction has successfully been sent to another Dwolla account A transaction from your bank into Dwolla has already been exported into the ACH network A transfer from Dwolla to your bank account