Roaming in New Zealand
Using your mobile
When you're visiting New Zealand you can access Vodafone's network with your mobile. Our smart network is fast and reliable and covers 97.5% of where people live, work and play.
Simply activate Global Roaming on your own network before you leave home. After that, all your calls and other services you use will be billed to your home network account. If you have a Prepay or Pay-as-you-go mobile, you may be able to use our local recharge cards to top up your balance.
Why use Vodafone?
Why Vodafone is the best way for you to keep connected
- Keep your number
- Easy for friends and family to contact you
- No new setup required
- You'll be billed by your home network provider
Make it easy with the NZ Travel SIM
The NZ Travel SIM comes with everything you need to stay connected when you're travelling in New Zealand.
NZ Travel SIM benefits:
- One simple Plan with everything you need
- Packed with loads of minutes, TXTs and data
- Credit to use to call Voicemail or
send a PXT
- Only costs $49
For BlackBerry and handheld devices:
Your existing mobile email settings should work fine in New Zealand, as long as you set up for Global Roaming before you leave home.
Vodafone Mobile Connect Cards
If your laptop is GPRS or your 3G data card is compatible with our network, simply set it up for Data Roaming before you leave home. It should work fine the minute you step off the plane in New Zealand.
If your mobile or data device is not Vodafone New Zealand approved, we can't guarantee its compatability with our network. Check your device's settings in our Interactive Device Guides .
Information about our network
Vodafone's mobile network operates on the following frequencies:
- A 2G voice network on 900/1800MHz (almost every GSM mobile should work on these frequencies)
- A 2G data network on 900/1800MHz
- A 3G UMTS data network for voice, video calls and data on 900/2100MHz
- A 3G HSDPA network on 2100MHz
- A 4G network on 20Mhz (MIMO) and 700MHz