How to use aroon indicator
How to trade using Aroon indicator?
1. When AroonUp crosses AroonDown upwards it is a bullish signal.
2. When AroonDown crosses AroonUp downwards it is a bearish signal.
3. When AroonUp and AroonDown move in parallel lines it suggest a consolidation period
1. When AroonUp reaches the 100 level the uptrend is clearly strong; the closer it remains to the top the stronger the uptrend.
2. When AroonUp line fluctuates between 70 and 100 levels it suggests a Potential uptrend. The signal becomes stronger if at the same time AroonDown remains between 0 and 30 levels.
3. When AroonUp line fluctuates between 0 and 30 levels it suggests trend weakness and a possibility of a trend reversal.
Opposite true for AroonDown:
1. When AroonDown reaches the 100 level it suggests downtrend being strong; the closer it remains to the top the stronger the downtrend.
2. When AroonDown line fluctuates between 70 and 100 levels
it advices on a Potential downtrend. The signal becomes stronger if at the same time AroonUp fluctuates between 0 and 30 levels.
3. When AroonDown fluctuates between 0 and 30 levels it suggests trend weakness and possible future trend reversal.
Aroon(up) = ((total number of periods — number of periods since highest close) / total number of periods) x 100
Aroon(down) = ((total number of periods — number of periods since lowest close) / total number of periods)) x 100
Aroon indicator shows how much time passed between the highest (up) or lowest (down) close since the beginning of a period (in percents).
As market changes, traders adjust their trading approaches and methods from trend following to tools used during market consolidations. Aroon indicator helps traders to determine when to use a trend following indicators and tools and where to switch to oscillator like tools that work best in consolidating markets.
Copyright © Forex-indicators.netSource: forex-indicators.net