A Betting Exchange training guide for arbitrage sports betting..
Get in the know with Betfair's arbitrage sports betting. I have compiled the information I gleaned from my Training Day with Betfair.
1. Betfair markets can often overreact at certain events and you can get yourself a risk free bet. Take a market where the English football team is playing another country. The nearer you get to the kick off the lower the odds become as English supporters want to show their patriotism by betting them to win.
So back the team well before and then lay them when the odds have shortened near the kick off to get make a risk free profit.
Another example of overreaction is if a footballer gets sent off - the stricken team's odds rise significantly more than the situation warrants.
2. Election markets are nearly always right as people bet with their intentions to vote.
Summary of Useful features
The use of decimal odds makes calculating profit and loss much easier although you can request fractional odds as well
Get real time information on an event by using the Listen Now button available on the markets page - radio produces the fastest information on a live event.
Use the Search Markets option at the top left of the markets page. This will bring up a list of all the events that the selection is entered for. Say you want to know what races Kauto Star is entered for - just enter the name and hey presto, up come all the races you can bet on.
On the markets page use the More Options drop down list for Profit and loss display, display the 'what if' figure which shows what will happen to your Profit and Loss if unplaced bets were matched.
Odds options including the ability to show fractional odds.
You can bet on the outcome of Multiple Markets eg Football Leagues.
Betfair now produces its own Starting Prices which you can request before the start of an event - this ensures your bet will be matched at the Betfair Starting price.
Profit and Loss
Use the Profit and Loss function to assess arbitrage sports betting opportunities. Watch for large amounts of unmatched money on one side of the market. So bet on the other side. When the market accommodates this money the odds will swing the other way and it may be possible to secure a risk free bet.
Say you fancy Tiger Woods to win the British Open so you back him before the start at 5.0 for ВЈ100. As play continues Tiger is soon slaying the opposition and his odds drop to 2.0. You can now lay him to lose for ВЈ250 to realise a risk free bet.
If Tiger goes on to win you stand to win ВЈ400 and lose the lay part ВЈ250 giving a profit of ВЈ150. If Tiger eventually loses you lose your ВЈ100 back stake but win the lay one of ВЈ250 giving a profit of ВЈ150.
Using Arbitrage sports betting which is similar to risk free betting except that the bets are struck in different markets eg with Betfair and a bookmaker -
There is no finer service to advise on arbitrage than Ucantlose For Arbitrage Sports
They are currently running a 3 month special offer:
PAY ВЈ30 FOR THREE MONTHS UNLIMITED ACCESS TO THEIR BRILLIANT ODDSTRAWLER PRO SOFTWARE AND GET THREE MONTHS OF UCANTLOSE ARB ALERTS - WORTH ВЈ150 - TOTALLY FREE OF CHARGE!
This is a one-off payment. You are not committing to a contract or setting up a recurring subscription.
UCantLose Ltd have been around since 2003 and have an excellent reputation for highly profitable services and first class customer support. OddsTrawler Pro and UCantLose Arb Alerts are their two most profitable services.
OddsTrawler Pro is a matched betting, dutching and back / lay arbitrage service that allows you to find your own profitable bets 24/7. There are currently over ВЈ2,000 in free bets available on the site. in addition to the risk free profit available from a vast array of dutching and back / lay arbs.
UCantLose Arb Alerts is a sports arbitrage service where they find the arbs and send them directly to you. The total profit for this service now stands at a staggering ВЈ504,385.16! Customers who bet a total of ВЈ1,000 on every arb they sent during May 2015 made a profit of ВЈ1,029.70. Of course ВЈ1,000 per arb is not for everyone. but even a modest outlay of ВЈ250 per arb would have returned a profit of ВЈ257.43 last month.
This is without a doubt the best value deal I've seen for quite some time and I urge you to take a look at the link below as soon as you can.
How often do you get the chance to join
TWO established, trusted, respected and profitable services FOR JUST 33p A DAY. In fact. I suggest you take a look right now before they come to their senses and increase the price. )
One word of warning when dealing in various arbitrage sports markets, make sure you are aware of the rules governing a bet as not all markets and bookmakers will have the same rules eg what places are paid out in a horse race. Visit the Forum to get tips or the latest information from other punters on arbitrage sports.
Ten Common mistakes
1. Not Reading the rules - found by clicking the Rules Tab on right of market
2. Laying the wrong odds - eg omitting the decimal place when laying say at 1.35 and placing the bet at 135
3. Laying when you mean to back - make sure you don't click the back price when you mean to lay and vice versa. To help avoid this click More Options at the top left corner of any market. Under Odds Options you can change the colour of the lay column to make it clearly distinguishable from the back side of the market.
4. Taking the available odds immediately in quiet markets - eg during a cricket match or football game. It is best to enter the odds you think are realistic and wait to see if they get matched.
5. Betting just for interest - do your homework before placing a bet
6. Chasing Your losses - establish a plan and stick to it. If your planned bets have resulted in a loss, leave betting for the day and spend time preparing your next bets
7. Assuming a market goes in-play - if your arbitrage sports betting strategy depends on taking a position and then relying on the option to trade out of it while in-play, check that the market rules state the event will go in-play before placing a bet
8. Leaving unmatched bets open - make sure you are kept informed of the progress of a market. Say you have unmatched odds on a horse but before the off, unknown to you, the horse sweats up in the paddock and then runs away with its jockey on the way to the start. Your odds will certainly get matched but the chances of winning are now seriously compromised
9. Betting on an arbitrage sports market in-play when your information is not live - Don't rely on a TV broadcast to give real time pictures of an event as they can be delayed by several seconds. Radio is often the most reliable source of real time information
10. Spending too much time on Betfair - be selective in your betting and avoid remaining logged in to Betfair without good reason
Arbitrage Sports - Ten Top Tips
Heeding the advice and experience of of the Betfair users will inform and improve your betting. Here are the top ten most popular pieces of advice
1. Have a betting bank - set aside an amount of money you can afford to lose and don't go beyond it. Do not use money you intend to use for other regular outgoings as this will increase the pressure on your need to win. This could result in the making of poor betting decisions
2. Use Control Settings to assess your position - eg change the colours of the back and lay columns. Show a separate future position to assess what your bank balance would be if you went through with a bet
3. My Markets - found on Sports home page and allows you to select only the markets you're interested in to appear on the menu
4. Open several Betfair screens to quickly navigate through a number of chosen markets
5. Invest in the best equipment - gaining fast access to markets is invaluable. Betfair allows software programs to trade through their own interface. Find out about these systems at http://bdp.betfair.com
6. Use keyboard shortcuts - eg the up and down cursor keys to adjust the odds or the enter key to submit a bet
7. Get In The Zone - by pooling all the markets of a sport on one page which can also lead to information sources. These can be found from the navigation bar on the Sports home page, with links such as Multiples, Horse Racing, cricket etc
8. Check your bet with the bet details pop-up page before placing it
9. Try the % Book Function at the bottom right of the place bets panel. This displays the combined % odds at which you're backing or laying
10. Beware of typing errors - there are numerous daily instances of users confusing back and lay bets resulting in extreme movements in the odds available.Source: www.horse4course-racetips.com