Bid and tender writing
‘Very useful not just for bid writing, but for all the writing I do. Really enjoyable course with an excellent trainer.’ Colin MacKenzie, Capita
This is the essential programme for any team that needs to write persuasively to win business. (If the course is just for you, click here .)
Most companies see tenders – and their irksome baby brother, the pre-qualification questionnaire (PQQ) – as a necessary evil. But approached properly and with the right skills, they are also a fantastic way to differentiate your firm from the competition. This practical course will enable your team to seize this opportunity, giving them the skills, confidence and focus they need to sail through PQQs and write bid documents that win. It’s also ideal even for informal proposals (for example, for following up sales meetings).
Key course features
(Please scroll further down this page for more details.)
- The course is specifically designed or tailored to improve the bids, tenders and proposals you actually write. (This is not a generic or one-size-fits-all programme.)
- We will run it on your premises, wherever you are in the world.
- It’s a one-day programme, but we can also tailor the length to your needs.
- Post-course coaching is available, to make your team’s new skills stick.
- It centres on practical, small-group writing training that engages and inspires. It’s not a lecture, and there’s no ‘death by PowerPoint’.
Need help quickly? Call us on +44 (0)1273 732 888. or send us a message. for expert advice on how best to address your bid-writing issues.
This course is designed to transform your team’s bid-writing, turning a potentially demoralising drain on resources into your secret weapon in the fight for new business.Your team will learn how to:
- Structure the most persuasive, winning argument
- Fully answer the questions in a client brief, an ITT or an RFP
- Engage all readers – from senior executives to compliance teams
- Understand ‘pain points’ and show you understand the client’s brief
- Use win themes and highlight benefits that are meaningful to your client
- Write in plain English and incorporate the right tone of voice for your company
- Make the most of your organisation’s assets
- Manage multiple contributions to a bid or proposal
- Use supporting material effectively to bolster your argument
- Write concise, compelling executive summaries
- Use effective design and layout – from readable fonts to informative graphics
- Proofread their bid and use correct grammar and punctuation
Please note that this is only a sample outline. We always tailor courses to the bids and tenders our clients write.
Download a PDF about this course. including a sample course outline, or call us on +44 (0)1273 732 888 to find out more.
Tailoring the bid, tender and sales-proposal writing course to your needs
We’ll take an example of a recent bid or tender that your team wrote, together with the brief, ITT or RFP that your team responded to. Then we’ll work with our specialist course developers to create a writing course with relevant examples and exercises.
If your team is completely new to bid and tender writing, don’t worry: we’ll give them the solid foundations in persuasive writing they need to win business.
We’re here to help. Call us on +44 (0)1273 732
888. or send us a message, for expert advice on how best to address your team’s bid and tender-writing challenges.
We can train as few as four people, or work with your entire company or organisation.
We’ll come to you and run the course on your premises, wherever you are in the world.
We also know that running courses can be a daunting task. So our experienced, dedicated operations team will work with you each step of the way, to ensure that everyone is where they need to be and that everything runs to schedule.
To learn more about how we’ll deliver a course that works for your organisation, call us on +44 (0)1273 732 888
Individual analysis, for individual delegates
Everybody has their own writing issues and particular areas they can most benefit from improving. Our proprietary writing analysis is a unique way of measuring those differences.
Before the course, we’ll analyse a section of a document from every delegate. Then we’ll produce a graph to show each person their strengths and weaknesses. This is a detailed tool, covering fifteen key writing areas – everything from sentence structure to keeping it short and simple.
This means your team members won’t have to self-diagnose their writing and work out what to improve first. Instead, we’ll show them exactly what to focus on for the quickest results.
All our trainers are specialists, with up to thirty years’ professional writing experience. We use only our own trainers; we never farm work out to associates.
Each has graduated from our Trainers’ Academy, completing a rigorous course to learn how best to pass on their knowledge. This can take up to six months and culminates in an assessed training course, in which their performance as a trainer is judged by one of our most experienced consultants and an invited audience. All of this ensures that they can combine their in-depth knowledge with the ability to engage your team and inspire them to make lasting changes.
After the course
Once the initial training is over, we won’t leave your people on their own. Every delegate will get a year’s post-course support, through access to our helpline. Every month, we will also send them practical advice, videos, quizzes and tips on how to improve their writing at work.
Our post-course coaching clinics are an ideal way of ensuring your team’s new bid-writing skills stick.
First, we’ll analyse a sample of every team member’s writing using our unique writing analysis (see above), so they can see how their bid or tender-writing has improved. (This also allows you to review how far your team has improved since the course.)
Then our expert writing trainer will work with each team member one-to-one, tackling any remaining issues and further improving the confidence and abilities of everyone on your team.
Costs and pricing
As each bid, tender and sales-proposal writing course is different, prices vary according to the size of your team and your specific training needs. Please call us on +44 (0)1273 732 888 or send us a message to learn more.
Get in touch
You can enquire about this course right now by filling in the form below. We’ll get back to you within 24 hours (and usually much sooner).
Alternatively, give us a call on +44 (0)1273 732 888 .Source: www.writing-skills.com