Trading Assistant Directory
Find the right stuff.
Look around your home for items you'd like to sell. With millions of buyers and thousands of categories on eBay, there's a vast array of items that can be sold successfully. Keep in mind, however, that Trading Assistants decide whether or not they are willing to sell on a per-item basis. In general, you'll be able to find a willing Trading Assistant if:
- Your item has a good chance of selling. For example, an item in excellent condition is much more likely to sell than the same type of item in poor condition. In addition, certain types of items are more likely to sell than others. See a list of suggested items .
- Your item has a value of (and is likely to sell for) at least £50.
Also note that some types of items are prohibited from being sold on eBay according to our Prohibited and Restricted Items policy. Trading Assistants are expected to know these policies, but you should also be familiar with them.
Find the right Trading Assistant.
Search in our Trading Assistants Directory to find Trading Assistants located near you in the UK and Ireland. Once you've found some candidates, review their information carefully, including:
- Trading Assistant profile. Click on the Trading Assistant's User ID in the search results. You'll get information the Trading Assistant has provided about their specialties, fees, requirements, and other terms (such as drop-off schedule). Some Trading Assistants will sell in any of the thousands of item categories on eBay, while others have expertise in particular areas and prefer to sell only in those categories. Look for Trading Assistants who will sell the type of item you have.
- Member profile. Like all eBay members, Trading Assistants have a running record of feedback from people who
have traded with them in the past. How the Trading Assistant has dealt with buyers and sellers is a good indication of the experience you'll have with them as a Trading Assistant. Within their Trading Assistant profile, click on the "Member profile" link to see this information. (All Trading Assistants in the directory have experience selling on eBay, a feedback score of at least 50, and at least 97% positive feedback.)
- Selling experience. Within the Trading Assistant's member profile, click on the "Items for Sale" link to see items they're currently selling, or click on item numbers to see items they've sold in the past. This will give you an idea of their approach to selling and indicate whether they have experience selling your type of item.
When you've narrowed down your list of candidates, contact them using the information provided in their Trading Assistant profile. Be sure to discuss any fees and terms in detail. You can also ask them to provide references from past clients.
Note: Trading Assistants are not employees or independent contractors of eBay, nor do we endorse or approve them. Each Trading Assistant runs his or her own independent business, free from any involvement by eBay. You should apply the same standards in selecting a Trading Assistant as you would in hiring anyone to perform a service for you. Use good judgment and common sense in making your choice.
Once you drop off the item (or have it picked up), your work is done! The Trading Assistant will list the item for sale on eBay, answer questions from buyers, collect payment, and ship or deliver the item to the buyer if it sells. If the item does not sell, the Trading Assistant will return it to you. Some Trading Assistants also offer to donate unsold items to charity.