What is ibm message broker
Job Role Description / Target Audience
This intermediate level certification is intended for system administrators, consultants, technical specialists and architects with extensive product knowledge of IBM WebSphere MQ V7.0 or later and IBM WebSphere Message Broker V8.0.
These system administrators plan, install, and configure IBM WebSphere MQ V7.0 or later, implement applications, set up distributed queuing, enable appropriate security, administer and operate a queue manager network, enforce organizational and operational standards, perform basic problem determination and implement clustering and publish/subscribe topologies.
These system administrators also:
- design for the use of WebSphere Message Broker V8.0 including implementation of new features/functions.
- install, secure and configure WebSphere Message Broker V8.0.
- administer, maintain and deploy WebSphere Message Broker V8.0.
- design for the coexistence and migration from earlier versions/releases to WebSphere Message Broker V8.0.
- perform problem determination tasks for WebSphere Message Broker V8.0.
- understand high availability configuration including multi-instancing of WebSphere Message Broker.
- monitor the health of WebSphere Message Broker V8.0 and make recommendations on performance and resource optimization.
These system administrator are expected to be generally self-sufficient and be able to perform the tasks involved in the role with limited assistance from peers, product documentation and vendor support services.
To attain the IBM Certified System Administrator - WebSphere Message Broker V8.0 certification, candidates must pass
2 tests. To prepare for the tests, it is recommended to refer to the job role description and recommended prerequisite skills, and click the link to the tests below to refer to the test objectives and the Test preparation tab.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
(Knowledge and foundational skills one needs to possess before acquiring skills measured on the certification test. These foundational skills are NOT measured on the test. )
Test 000-374: IBM WebSphere MQ V7.0, System Administration
Working knowledge of:
- WebSphere MQ
- supported operating systems (e.g. AIX, HP-UX, Solaris, i5/OS, Linux on Intel, Linux on zSeries, z/OS, Windows)
Good understanding of messaging concepts as they relate to IBM WebSphere MQ
Basic knowledge of:
- operating WebSphere MQ Explorer
- networking concepts (e.g. TCP/IP, SSL, etc.)
Basic understanding of:
- JMS concepts
- Publish/Subscribe functionality
Test 000-277: IBM WebSphere Message Broker V8.0, System Administration
Understanding of supported WebSphere Message Broker transports.
Basic understanding of:
- database concepts
- security concepts
- enterprise service bus concepts and products
- Service Oriented Architecture
- the Eclipse tooling platform
Administration experience on at least one supported operating system and familiarity with UNIX system services.
This certification requires 2 test(s).Source: www-03.ibm.com