Apple Cider Vinegar: The Amazing Health Benefits of this Economical "Old Timers Home Remedy"
Want to cure sugar cravings, promote weight loss, aid your digestion and improve your immunity? It may be as simple as choosing the RIGHT vinegar!
Vinegar has been used throughout history for everything from skin tonics to household cleaners.
Hippocrates, the ancient Greek physician and "Father of Modern Medicine," believed in the healing properties of vinegar, as did the ancient Babylonians before him and the Samurai warriors in Japan later on.
In fact, vinegar has been used in a number of surprising ways, including:
- Relief from heartburn and arthritis
- To lower blood pressure and cholesterol
- To aid digestion
- To treat ear infections
- To treat yeast infections (candida) .
- Relief for rashes, sunburn and jellyfish stings
- To clean the house, polish glass and make laundry look brighter
- To promote weight loss
- Skin detoxification
But it's not just a folk remedy. vinegar has medicinal properties as well.
Research has shown that vinegar can help people with type 2 diabetes or insulin resistance (not diabetic, but high risk) by improving insulin sensitivity. In the study, vinegar was just as effective as drugs (metformin and acarbose) used to treat diabetes. 1
Vinegar may be one of your most useful natural health remedies. if you're using the right vinegar.
Finding the Right Apple Cider Vinegar
Mrs. Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar is a great option for organic raw apple cider vinegar with medicinal benefits. Try some with your Body Ecology meals today!
For a true home health remedy that helps boost your immunity, pass on white vinegar and choose raw apple cider vinegar instead.
Apple cider vinegar is manufactured by several different companies. While you may have seen apple cider vinegar in the grocery store, it may not be theraw, fermented apple cider vinegar with medicinal benefits.
Here's what to look for when buying apple cider vinegar:
- Unfiltered - Some bottles are labeled "filtered," while the kind we recommend is labeled "unfiltered."
- Unpasteurized - Unpasteurized apple cider vinegar contains the "mother" of the vinegar (a natural sediment with pectin, trace minerals, beneficial bacteria and enzymes), which you can see floating at the bottom of the bottle.
- Organic - choosing apple cider vinegar made with organic apples is a great way to maximize the minerals and minimize your exposure to pesticides.
Apple Cider Vinegar and Your Inner Ecosystem
Apple cider vinegar is rich in potassium and helps to re-establish a healthy inner ecosystem, your key to strength and immunity .
A healthy inner ecosystem is made up of the friendly microflora (good bacteria and yeast) that act as your internal health team
of sorts. They aid your digestion and help you get the nutrients you need to stay healthy. Unfortunately, most Americans today have an imbalanced inner ecosystem.
In fact, biologists at Rice University found that 70% of Americans are affected by candida, a systemic fungal infection that occurs when your inner ecosystem is out of balance. 2
This inner ecosystem imbalance could be present at birth or occur from poor diet and lifestyle habits setting the stage for pathogens that overpower healthy microflora.
Apple Cider Vinegar and Body Ecology
Find out even more ways to use apple cider vinegar to heal and detoxify your body! Get your copy of The Body Ecology Diet today!
For healing and detoxification, apple cider vinegar is a great addition to your Body Ecology lifestyle.
In addition to nourishing your inner ecosystem, apple cider vinegar can:
- Restore your body's natural pH balance - Your blood is supposed to be slightly alkaline, but just as poor diet and lifestyle habits harm your inner ecosystem, they also harm the pH balance of your blood. As your blood becomes acidic, the stage is set for illness. Apple cider vinegar helps restore your body's pH.
- For more information on the pH or acid/alkaline levels of your blood, please see:http://bodyecology.com/newsletters/06/11/30/drugs_make_blood_acidic.php
- Aid digestion - Apple cider vinegar helps stimulate your stomach acid, aiding the digestion of protein and fats. Good digestion is essential for staying healthy and naturally slim.
- Promote the growth of healthy microflora - apple cider vinegar is a prebiotic, which feeds probiotics (the healthy microflora in your inner ecosystem). For more, read: Why Prebiotics are Essential to Your Heart Health and Immune System .
- Stop sugar cravings - use apple cider vinegar next time you have a craving for that bowl of ice cream or piece of chocolate cake. Here's a quick remedy that may stop you from indulging: Add two teaspoons of raw apple cider vinegar to a 6 oz glass of filtered water, and drink it down.
Because of apple cider vinegar's importance to your health and immunity, it is a key ingredient in many Body Ecology salad dressings and sauces. Get your copy of The Body Ecology Diet to learn even more uses for apple cider vinegar, including delicious recipes.
Inexpensive and effective, apple cider vinegar is an item no home should be without.
- Johnson, Carol S. PhD, et. al. Vinegar Improves Insulin Sensitivity to a High Carbohydrate Meal in Subjects with Insulin Resistance or Type 2 Diabetes.