Posted August 21st, 2015
Company: Western Financial Group
Position: Assistant Manager, Commercial Underwriting
Western has a reputation for continual growth, while maintaining its focus on our commitment to being part of the communities that we serve. If you are looking for a career where you know that you make a difference in what you do every day and have a desire to develop yourself, both personally and professionally, then we may have an opportunity for you!
Western employees are:
- Customer service and sales oriented
- Amazing team players
- Involved and committed to the community
- Models of our Guiding Principles
What will you do as an Assistant Manager, Commercial Underwriting at Western?
- Assisting the Manager, Commercial Underwriting with developing of business plans, budgets, and growth strategies
- Assisting in maintaining strong professional relationships with external insurance partners and internal Western Network offices and RVPs; ensuring profitable sales productions, retention, and implementation of new business growth within the organization
- Assisting with various reporting activities including, but not limited to, month end, production, renewal, expiration accounting discrepancies, and quarterly review analysis and internal audit reports
- Building and maintaining a high performance team through effective goal-setting and performance management
- Assisting with the development of new markets and products/programs
- Training, coaching, and focusing on client service development through consistent constructive feedback and support
What being a member of the Western team will provide you:
- Extensive opportunities to train and develop yourself professionally and
- 100% company sponsored extended health and dental benefits
- Three weeks vacation upon the first year of hiring
- Be part of the team in an established, reputable company and within a friendly and respectful work environment
- Company-matched investment and saving programs
- A career that makes an impact of our clients' lives
- Competitive compensation package (salary and performance-based incentives)
What skills, qualificiations and experience should you have to be successful at Western in this role?
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role
- Minimum General Agent Level 2 License
- Post secondary education (University Degree or College Diploma in Business Studies)
- CAIB or CIP Designation preferred
- Previous management experience in underwriting
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Superior management and leadership abilities
Do you exemplify Western's Guiding Principles?
Truthfulness - It is the foundation of our business. We believe that frank, accurate and honest communication is always in everyone's best interest.
Fairness - We are advocates for our customers and shareholders and the trusted representatives for our suppliers. Our credibility rests on our determination to see that everyone gets what they deserve.
Value - We believe that nobody owes us a living. Our skills and knowledge must generate meaningful, positive results for all concerned. We will strive to be the best we can be.
Loyalty - We place our faith in long-term relationships, through thick and thin. We support our communities.
Apply ONLINE Today
Create a Profile | Apply | Set Job AlertsSource: www.ibam.mb.ca