How long is a thesis statement
Once you’ve settled on a specific purpose for your speech, you need to create a thesis statement. The thesis is a single, declarative sentence that reflects the central idea you wish to communicate to your audience. The thesis statement is what you say to your audience in the Introduction of the speech that previews what you will talk about without saying “Today I will talk about” which is a Sin of the Introduction. The thesis is based on the specific purpose statement. The thesis repeats or paraphrases the subject and predicate from the specific purpose and then adds information hunger. Please read the description of Information Hunger in this link.
Three Parts of a Thesis
There are three parts to an effective thesis statement.
1. The subject states what you are talking about (the topic)
2. The predicate states what you will say about the topic (the main points)
3. The information hunger states how the topic relates to the audience
a. Information Hunger in the thesis to gives the audience a reason for listening.
b. Information Hunger in the thesis connects the topic with the audience.
Examples of Correct Thesis Statements
An effective thesis statement includes the subject, predicate, and information hunger.
Thesis statements repeat or paraphrase the subject and predicate from the specific purpose.
1. Breast cancer is a rising concern with all Americans across the United States, but with the right knowledge and awareness a life could be saved
2. Hangeul is made scientifically but simply so that people can communicate easily, and it is now becoming popular over the world.
3. Stretching is a form of body piercing, with deep historical roots, that is helping many around the globe achieve their desired appearance despite the strenuous process and health risks.
4. The sport of Ultimate Fighting Championship governed by rules and regulations that effectively helps the economy, and is misunderstood by the media
and many others to be brutal.
5. In Texas summers, air-conditioning our homes costs a lot of money which you can save some of when you understand the role of your air conditioner filter and strategies for maintaining air-conditioner filters.
6. Skin cancer is the most common type of cancer in the United States but is highly curable if detected early and treated properly.
7. The scenic Oregon coast offers geographical beauties that cannot be seen here in Texas, as well as temperate weather, and activities.
8. Many people do not think they have to worry about date rape drugs, but if you know what to look for when clubbing you could avoid becoming a victim.
9. Despite the known health risks of smoking, including cancer and heart disease which are expensive to cure, smoking continues to be popular.
10. Seal hunting for harvesting seal fur and seal products has a long history and despite the many countries that have banned seal products there is still a high demand for fur.
11. The invention of the synthesizer has influenced several genres of music and even led to the creation of the electronic music genre, which is based primarily on its use.
12. Christmas has a long and interesting history with various cultural traditions, but for many, it is simply the most wonderful time of the year.
13. American’s obsession with aging has prompted some to consider a reconstructive and cosmetic micro-pigmentation procedure to restore their youthful appearance, but this procedure has risks.
14. Public transportation is a cost-effective and efficient method of transportation that benefits both the passenger and their environment in important ways.
15. Most of us love puppies, but puppy mills and over-breeding from “back-yard breeders” contribute to the pet overpopulation crisis in America.
16. Most of us experience stress at one time or another, but it can be managed when you understand what causes it and methods to cope with stress.Source: www.austincc.edu