Where to buy hdpe pipe
HDPE Versus PVC Pipe – A Snapshot Comparison
The two most commonly used materials for piping applications in most parts of the world today is PVC (polyvinyl chloride) and HDPE (high-density polyethylene). Despite questions being raised in terms of environmental and human health *, PVC is used in a wide variety of applications in addition to piping (which constitutes around 50% of its use), including, housing materials, office equipment and even children’s toys and plastic medical devices. HDPE, by comparison, is a better choice for the environment – it’s chlorine-free, doesn’t produce dioxin as a by-product, has less additives and a higher recycling potential. HDPE is also:
- Highly resistant to abrasion and chemicals
Here are more good reasons to choose HDPE pipes and fittings over other materials:
- Prolonged lifespan – high-quality HDPE can last as long as 100 years!
- Recycled HDPE can be used to manufacture piping solutions, saving energy in the manufacturing process and keeping material out of the waste stream
- HDPE joints are merely fuse welded (melted) together – no toxic solvent glues required
- HDPE can be delivered in longer lengths with fewer joints, which means less potential for leaks
- Butt fusion welding results in tighter, stronger joins than those of bell and spigot or solvent glue joints, which means less potential to fail
- Lower cost, when factoring in joint failure, potential leaks and associated water loss over
a fifteen year period
- HDPE lengths and flexibility means that trenchless installations are possible under certain circumstances
- Highly durable and low-maintenance.
For further product information, contact us.
HDPE Pipe Manufacturing and Installation
At our pipe extrusion plant in Hammersdale. outside Durban, South Africa, we manufacture HDPE piping (90-630mm) of export quality. We butt fusion weld and install HDPE pies from 90-1000mm for a host of applications, including temporary or fixed potable water, waste water, sewage, natural gas and fuel transfer.
HDPE Butt Fusion Welding Services
Quality is a cornerstone of our brand promise. Our McElroy fusion welding machines have datalogging capabilities which allow us to measure and track the quality of each weld – enabling us to provide you with on-site certification of weld quality. In addition, we weld and install HDPE pipes in accordance with the following standards:
- ISO 21307: 2011 – Plastic Pipes and Fittings: Butt Fusion Jointing Procedure for PE Pipes and Fittings Used in the Construction of Gas and Water Distribution Systems
- ISO 12176: 2012 – Plastic Pipes and Fittings: Equipment for Fusion Jointing Polyethylene Systems, Part I: Butt Fusion.
Rho-Tech has a wide range of McElroy fusion welding machines which can be rented out – complete with a fully certified machine operator. Ask about this service …
SANS and ISO Compliance
We work to national and international quality standards. Download our process standards here… www.sabs.co.zaSource: www.rho-tech.co.za