Home Remedies For Hair Loss
Try the effective natural hair loss (alopecia) home remedies that can prevent baldness and regrow beautiful hair. Causes of hair fall in men and women are also discussed.
Some hair loss remedies using natural ingredients may promote hair regrowth and stop falling of too many hair.
Note: Most of the ingredients are available from Indian grocery shops. Many of the visitors to this page have reported that they have been benefited by the following natural remedies and treatment. Note that these are not listed according to their effectiveness.
- Massage into the scalp and hair with coconut milk or Aloe Vera gel. Leave it for 1/2 hour, then rinse with warm water. Repeat 3 times a week.
- Massage into the scalp and hair honey with egg yolk. Leave for half an hour, then rinse.
- Massage almond oil on scalp 2-3 times a day, daily. This will stop further loss of hair.
Make a shampoo by mixing 100 g each of amla (Indian goose berry ), reetha, and shikakai and boil in two liters of water until the liquid reduces to half. Use this shampoo for your hair
for at least one month. Your hair will stop falling and become thick.
Hair Loss Causes
You may not be knowing that all men and women lose 20 and 100 hair each day without noticing it. The question is what cuases hair loss in women and men?
Our hormones govern the development of hair that appears after puberty. The male hormone, testosterone, governs beard, body hair and hair in the armpits. The female hormone, estrogen, generally prevents hair growth on the chin and encourages it to grow on the head.
Occasionally women develop signs of baldness when estrogen levels drop. Treatment with estrogen has been successful in restoring hair growth in women.
- Mothers of newborn babies are prone to temporary hair loss after the delivery. This is because, when they are pregnant, their oestrogen level goes up. This stops their natural hair growth cycle. After the birth, their oestrogen drops again, and the hair cycle resumes.
- You may be losing hair due to thyroid dysfunction.
- Deficient in folic acid and iron deficiencies may cause lose hair.
- Excessive intake of Vitamin A can be a reason for balding.
- Hereditary is the most common cause of hair loss. You are more likely to have it if either or both of your parents had this problem. The thinning may start as early as 20s.
- You may shed large amounts of hair every day due to what is known as telogen effluvium, a phenomenon that occurs after pregnancy, extreme stress, major surgery, drastic weight loss or a side effect of some medications, such as antidepressants, beta-blockers, etc. may result in losing hair.
- It can be caused due to dandruff, psoriasis, and fungal infections such as ringworm.
How To Prevent Hair Loss
Loss of hair in women and men can be prevented or stopped if you take care of your hair and scalp.
- Do not wash your hair with too much hot water.
- Do not wash your hair more than 2 times in a week. If you use any shampoo, use only a mild shampoo.
- Do not comb the hair backwards. Use a good quality brush or comb. Avoid excessive brushing.
- Massage the scalp vigorously for 10 to 15 minutes (until you start to feel hot there) after bathing it with water. This stimulates the blood circulation and strengthens the hair follicles in the scalp and prevent hair loss.
- Coconut oil and castor are very good for hair growth.
- Boil dry pieces of amla (Indian goose berry ) in coconut oil and apply on hair to prevent baldness.
Foods That Prevent Hair Loss
- Eat a protein rich diet including green leafy vegetables, carrots, soybean, mango, dried apricots, whole grain cereals, sprouts, lentils, yeast, wheat germ, milk, yogurt (curd), and buttermilk in the daily diet.
- Eat foods rich in vitamin A and iodine such as carrots, spinach, cabbage, turnips, mustard, soy beans, peanuts, pine nuts, etc.
- Drink 1 teaspoon cider vinegar mixed in 1 glass of water with meals for 2-3 weeks.
- Drink a banana smoothie made with banana, honey, yogurt, and skim milk.
- Drink daily a juice of alfalfa + fresh spinach or fresh coriander. Your hair will grow fast.
- Drink half a litre of a mixture of lettuce and spinach juice daily to increase the growth of hair.
- To remove copper deficiency, drink juice of carrot, lettuce, capsicum and fresh alfalfa.
- Apply a paste of seeds of lemon and black pepper on the bald patches.
Give Your Comments: You can add your comments on this article or share your remedies for hair fall.
Comments to date: 32. Page 1 of 1.Source: www.fatfreekitchen.com