How to buy a hdb flat in singaporeYou, your spouse, any occupiers listed in the Application Form or their spouses must not own or dispose or have an estate or interest in any other flat, house, building or land*
- Within 30 months before the date of application, and
- Between the application date and the date of taking possession of the EC
- a flat from the HDB;
- a resale flat with the CPF Housing Grant*;
- a DBSS flat from developer;
- an EC unit from developer.
Second-timer ApplicantsYou or the essential family members listed in your application have owned/sold or are currently owners of:
- Any HDB flat that was bought from HDB, or
- Any resale flat that was bought under the CPF Housing Grant Scheme, or
- A DBSS flat or an EC bought from the developer, or
- Have enjoyed other forms of housing subsidy (for example, enjoyed benefits under the Selective En bloc Redevelopment Scheme, privatisation of HUDC estate etc.)
Second-timers who apply for new EC projects from Westwood Avenue onwards will have to pay a resale levy.
However, second-timers are not required to pay the resale levy if they apply to buy EC units in projects that were launched before 9 Dec 2013. More information on the tender launch dates for EC land sales can be found in the Residential Development List > Executive Condominium (EC).
Are you, your spouse or any of the essential occupiers listed in the application an existing owner or ex-owner of a:
- Flat bought directly from HDB
- DBSS flat bought from the developers
- Resale flat bought under the CPF Housing Grant Scheme
If you belong to any of the above categories, you may apply to buy an EC on condition that a 5-year period (excluding any period of subletting of the whole flat) has lapsed from the *date of taking possession of the flat to the date of application for a new EC
Are you, your spouse or any of the essential occupiers listed in the application an ex-owner of an Executive Condominium bought directly from the developer? If yes, you would need to meet a 5-year period from the date of taking possession of the earlier Executive Condominium.
In addition, you need to wait out a 30-month period from the effective date of disposal (i.e. date of legal completion of the sale of their Executive Condominium, evidenced by the Notice of Transfer or such other documentary evidence as HDB may require) of the Executive Condominium before you can apply to buy another Executive Condominium directly from the developer.
However, an essential occupier may apply or be included in an application only if he has stayed in the existing flat for 5 years from the *date of taking possession of the existing flat to the date of application for an EC.Source: www.hdb.gov.sg