Credit portal




How do i correct my birth certificate

how do i correct my birth certificate

How Can I Correct My Childs Birth Certificate

Originally Posted by cmhutter

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Mexico

I got married to my husband when I was pregnant. The child is not my husbands. At the hospital the father on the birth certificate is put down as my husband. I have the DNA test to prove the correct father, but how do I amend the birth certificate to display my son's correct father? I am getting a divorce (for seperate reasons) and want to change my sons last name. Also I am trying to file for child support but the father refuses to pay and I have to go thru the state. The state just goes after the father on the birth certificate. Any help on how to change the fathers name would be appreciated.

just so we are straight. You lied on your child's birthcertificate and put a man's name as the father who is NOT the father. Now you want to change that so

that you can get child support from another man. the "real" father.

cracker said: 01-31-2009 08:14 AM

No more innacurate than anyone elses response.

She got married while she was pregnant with another man's child.

The hospital puts the HUSBAND on the birth certificate.

How many times have I read in this forum that unless otherwise proven, the husband is the legal father of the child.

She has the DNA results stating he is not.

She needs to go to the agency that deals with birth certificates.

In the state that my son was born, it was vital records.

Forgive me for trying to help instead of trying to make someone feel bad about a situation that more than likely they are already not too happy about.

If my information is not correct, the people who work at the agency where she would get it changed would tell her exactly what she needs to do.

Telling her she commited fraud is not legal advice.

Category: Insurance

Similar articles: