How to get a colorado birth certificate
How can I get a Birth Certificate?
- We can issue you a birth certificate if you were born in the State of Colorado.
- Home births have to be obtained through the Sate of Colorado.
- Written request by mail with a copy of ID (on the written request we need your name at birth, mother’s maiden name, your date of birth, and return address).
- Call the State of Colorado (303) 692-2234
- Go online at http://www.cdphe.state.co.us/certs/index.html (using any other web site to obtain a birth certificate could be costly and may not be legitimate.
What do I need to get a Birth Certificate?
- Date of Birth
- Current ID
- Parents names, including mother’s maiden name (proof of relationship is required. Contact Alamosa County Clerk for more information)
What forms of ID are accepted?
Accepted forms of identification, a t least one of the fallowing:
- Alien Registration Receipt Card/Permanent Resident Card
- Certificate of U.S. Citizenship
- Employment Authorization Card
- Foreign Passport
- Photo Driver License
- Photo Identification Card
- School, University or College Identification Card
- Temporary Resident Card
- Tribal Identification Card
- U.S. Certificate of Naturalization
- U.S. Citizenship Identification Card
- U.S. Military Identification Card
- U.S. Passport
least 2 of the following:
- Acknowledgment of Paternity Document Veterans Universal Access ID Card
- Birth Certificate of the Applicant
- Craft or Trade License
- Hospital Birth Worksheet
- Hunting or Fishing License
- Marriage License
- Merchant Mariner Card
- Motor Vehicle Registration/Title
- Pilot License
- Prison or Jail ID
- Probation Documents
- Selective Service Card
- Social Security Card
- Social Services Card
- Voter Registration Card
- Weapon or Gun Permit
- Work Identification/Paycheck Stub/W-2
We cannot accept the following:
- Matricula Consular Card
- Novelty ID Card
- Souvenir Birth Certificate
What is the fee for a Birth Certificate?
- $17.75 for the first copy, $10.00 for each additional copy.
- We do not accept out-of-state checks. Your payment must be by certified check, money order or cash.
How do I get a death certificate?
- You can obtain a death certificate (with valid reason) for anyone that died in Alamosa County.
- Valid ID required.
What is the fee?
- $17.00 for the first copy, $10.00 for each additional copy.
- We do not accept out of state checks. Your payment must be by certified check, money order or cash.