Credit portal




How to get a paralegal certificate

how to get a paralegal certificate

How to get a copy of a Divorce Order, Certificate of Divorce or other court document

Please note: the page will print without the top and left navigation bars and in black and white only.

In order to obtain a copy of any of these documents, you must request them from the court office where the case was started.

If you are unable to attend in person, you may ask a representative to attend on your behalf or you may write to the court office.

You may wish to call the court office in advance to ask about any steps that are necessary in order to obtain the documents. For example, a fee of $19.00 is charged in order to obtain a Certificate of Divorce.

If you do not know where in Canada your divorce was started

You can contact the Central Registry

of Divorce:

Central Registry of Divorce Proceedings

Department of Justice

284 Wellington Street

Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0H8

Note however that the CRDP can only provide you with your divorce registry number and does not have copies of divorce certificates.

Additional information about the Registry can be found on the Department of Justice Website

If the divorce was granted prior to 1979

Documentation for divorces that were granted in Ontario prior to 1979 can be obtained from the Archives of Ontario. Archives staff will require the year the divorce was granted, the court location and the court file number. If you do not have that information, you should contact the court office or the Central Registry of Divorce Proceedings.

The Archives of Ontario can be reached at:

Archives of Ontario

134 Ian Macdonald Boulevard

Toronto ON   M7A 2C5

Category: Insurance

Similar articles: