Mid-Year Outlook: 3 Tactics to Dominate Search in 2H 2015
The world of search marketing is changing quickly and advertisers need to stay alert to maintain their edge in a competitive market. The mid-year outlook provides an overview of the past year, forecasts for the next 6 months, and 3 tactics to dominate search.
“Uncensored” is a new SEJ opinion column featuring contributions from guest authors whose assertions or theories may be viewed as controversial. As always, the views of contributors are their own, and not necessarily those of SEJ.
Big changes have occurred in the Google Certification Program, beginning this month. The GCP sent the following email to its advertisers recently, to announce these changes.
Of course, this email does not provide any comprehensive information, or answer many of the questions which generally come up frequently when new programs are introduced. Even Google’s own website did not provide any clear and accurate information on this process, at time of publication.
Researching the process turned out to be quite time consuming, but the collected information is recorded here to facilitate the process for everyone else. The following comprehensive information provided step by step instructions to get signed up as a Google Partner and affiliate with your company profile.
The first thing you need to do is sign up with Google Partners as an individual.
- Go to https://www.google.com/partners/
- Click on “I am an Agency” in the top right-hand corner of your screen
- You will join Google Partners using your email address, and it has the option to use an existing email address or sign up for a new one
- Complete all of the information for your profile
- The next item is connecting your company – refer below for those instructions
- When all of this is completed, you can take the exam for Adwords Certification for free
The next thing you need to do is associate your company. Here is how to do this.
- Sign back in to your Google Partner account
- Click “My Profile” and look for the “Company
Affiliation” link, which looks like this
- Type in your company name, Google will offer suggestions from a list of companies which already exist in their files. If yours is not one of these, then select the “Create Company Profile” option as pictured here.
- Make sure to fill out the company profile form completely.
- Allow editing access to your company MMC with your email
- Create a business page in Google+, linking it to your business website
- Once you have completed this process fully you will be directed to a dashboard
- Your company affiliation is forwarded to your website admin by email for approval
- After acceptance, you will be affiliated with your company.
- If you have been approved as Admin, and not a user, you will see additional options in the dashboard, such as “My Company” located in the overview section and “Adwords” under partner status. You can fully manage all of your company details using these options.
In conclusion, once you have an individual Google Partner account, you will be able to take the Adwords Certification for free. instead of paying $50 like normal. But you become a Google Certified Partner Company only when you have at least one employee who is individual qualified (you), AND Your company must have handled $10,000 U.S. or more, within the preceding 90 days from the date the MCC and Adwords account were linked. The MCC account must have been operational for 60 days of the last 90 day period, and have been active for 90 days or more. Once you get started, you will find that it is not quite as complicated as it seems.
“Uncensored” is a new SEJ opinion column featuring contributions from guest authors whose assertions or theories may be viewed as controversial. As always, the views of contributors are their own, and not necessarily those of SEJ.Source: www.searchenginejournal.com