Plan Ahead with Universal Life Insurance from State Farm Life Insurance Company
- Premiums are flexible, you can pay your premiums monthly or annually.
- Your premiums (after an expense charge) are added to your account value.
- Every month, the cost of insurance for the policy and any riders, and any monthly expense charge are deducted from your account value.
- Interest is credited to your account value; the current interest rate may change monthly, but will never be less than the guaranteed rate stated in the policy when you purchased it.
- The cash value grows tax-deferred. Cash values can be accessed during your lifetime 2.
- No matter how large your death benefit, it passes to your beneficiaries generally income tax-free.
Death Benefit Options
There are two death benefit options you can choose with a Universal Life insurance policy.
Provides a level death benefit equal to the Basic Amount of life insurance you choose.
Provides a death benefit that varies with your policy Account Value. Your death benefit is the amount of life insurance plus the policy Account Value.
Need help choosing a policy? Compare policies
Customize Your Policy
Add value to your policy with options and riders.
This coverage is available either on the spouse of the insured or another person, and provides level term insurance to age 95 for the amount of the rider. This rider is not available on policies with the Flexible Care Benefit Rider.
Maximum: May not exceed the basic amount of the base policy.
Maximum (Canada only): May not exceed the basic amount of the base Universal Life policy. However, if the age of the additional insured
is more than 5 years older than the base insured, the maximum amount will be half of the basic amount of the base Universal Life policy.
Provides temporary insurance for eligible children up to the earlier of age 25 or until you turn 65. Just one rider can provide up to $20,000 in coverage for each eligible child in your family. You can purchase up to five times the amount of Children's Term Rider coverage on the eligible child's 18th birthday and the rider can be converted to permanent insurance for up to five times the amount of coverage when the child turns 25.
1 Increases in coverage are subject to underwriting and policy limits. Decreases in coverage are subject to policy limits.
2 Only four withdrawals are allowed per year ($500 minimum per withdrawal). Surrenders may be subject to a surrender charge. Unpaid loans and withdrawals will reduce the death benefit and the policy's cash value. Withdrawals also will reduce the policy account value/cash surrender value. Loans accrue interest.
This is a general description of coverage. A complete statement of coverage is found only in the policy.
For more details on coverage, costs, restrictions, and renewability; or to apply for coverage, contact your local State Farm agent .
Insurance policies and/or associated riders and features may not be available in all states, and policy terms and conditions may vary by state.
Not FDIC Insured
- No Bank Guarantee
- May Lose Value
State Farm Life Insurance Company (Not licensed in MA, NY or WI)
State Farm Life and Accident Assurance Company (Licensed in NY and WI)