Credit portal




How do i get a texas birth certificate

how do i get a texas birth certificate


Best Answer: I had a similar problem several years ago. I couldn't get a state-issued ID or driver's license without showing a Social Security card. But I had misplaced my Social Security card. I couldn't get a replacement Social Security card without a state-issued photo ID or driver's license. Nor could I even get a copy of my birth certificate without either a Social Security card or state-issued photo ID of some sort. It was a mess.

I checked your state (Texas) and their required and/or accepted documents. I am assuming that you don't have a passport (foreign or domestic), citizenship documents, homeland security documents, or military id card. Nor, I assume, do you have a court order with your date of birth on it. I didn't either. It's a real pain. oh, and I was born in Illinois and have lived my entire life in these United States; right here in Illinois! I am hardly a terrorist. Obviously if you have none of those forms of ID you have a real dilemma. And conversely, if you did have any of those forms if ID you wouldn't be asking for help as you would have already obtained the ID that you are seeking.

Most of these problems are a direct result of the post-9/11 "super security" world we now live in; although part of it is due to identity theft. (Odd, though, that the super security that we supposedly now have hasn't done much to root out, identify and deal with illegal aliens; but that is another discussion for another day!) Of course, this was a complete nightmare and I was caught up in a catch-22 situation until I contacted my United States Senator's office.

Your first step should be to ask your United States Senator to help you with the problem; all Senators have senatorial aides who work full-time on such constituent problems. And by Senator I was referring to Senator John Cornyn or Kay Bailey Hutchinson. (link to John Cornyn: (link to Kay Bailey Hutchinson: You can either email them, fax them, phone them or send them a written letter. I have found the written letter to be the most effective mode of communication. If you mail a letter and don't hear anything within 14 days, fax a copy of the letter to

their office and then follow up with a phone call. Sometimes you just have to stay on them to get quick results.

Speaking from personal experience, I have always found my Senator's office and staff to be extremely responsive to any problem or concern one of his constituents has. In this instance, they helped me to obtain a duplicate Social Security Card after 9/11 when the entire world went crazy regarding security. Then I got a new driver's license AND a state ID (even though I really didn't need both. the license expires in three years but the state ID is good for 10 years. just in case!). Then I made sure to get several copies of my birth certificate and put them all in a safe place. again, just in case of something like this happening again. And I can use the state ID to prove my identity if my license lapses and I need another one. no more problems.

And some states will accept a copy of your high school transcripts as ID and proof of age/birth. Normally you will have to contact the registrar at your high school and have her send a SEALED copy of your transcripts to you. When they arrive be sure you DON'T open them as that is construed as tampering with them and they will not be accepted as proof of ID then.

You give no indication of your age but if you are under the age of 60 to 65 or so any of the above will most likely work for you. It is only people who may be over the age of 70 or so who may not have high school transcripts (not all of them graduated from high school) or birth certificates (due to being born at home). Another possibility would be either the hospital where you were born (if, in fact, you were born in a hospital) or the doctor who delivered you might be able to provide you with an official document that could suffice with some intervention by an elected official.

And if you have a Social Security card it should also give some sort of clue as to your age. again, contact your United States Senator for help. It's your best bet.

Source(s): Personal experience/nightmare!

Best of luck with your situation.

Category: Insurance

Similar articles: